Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:37 PM   #11

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
Hi Scouse: Have you checked into satellite Internet service? Not the cheapest thing, but definitely better than dial-up, and the price keeps dropping.

Normally my backyard flowers start bloomingstrong in early February, but we had some strong cold snaps, and I had a bunch of blooming plants get killed by frost this year. However, I have a lot of beautiful blooms now.

Yeh, I looked into satellite and couldn't justify the cost. Then I've just tried the Vorizon cell hook up but the sevice was hit or miss depending on who was driving the satelllite...:-)Most times the dial-up with "speedband" was faster and a heck of a lot cheaper. So it got returned. Regular cell phones here have a lot of ciber holes on the island.

It's only 15 minute drive to the office and high speed if I really need it.

Hi tkurkowski,

I had to put my dog on didn't??? I all 155 pounds of him. He'd have loved to meet a pretty Peke.

Old OM2 photo scanned in of whenSharon and Ilived on the Oregon coast. The car wasa kit car we built.
Old Erik's gone to the big kennel in the clouds now.

Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 4:17 AM   #12

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
I all 155 pounds of him. He'd have loved to meet a pretty Peke.

Old OM2 photo scanned in of whenSharon and Ilived on the Oregon coast. The car wasa kit car we built.
Old Erik's gone to the big kennel in the clouds now.
But I'll bet Erik was fun when he was around! Do you still have the kit car?

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 11:58 PM   #13

A 'good' friend bought the car when I was a little strapped. I get to drive now and then in the summers.

And as for "Erik the Terrible"....Actually his name came from "Erik the Half a Bee" Monty Python. He was the dog to measure other dogs with. we got him at 5 weeks and he'd sit on one of my hands. He was great with kids and would steal stuff from them and run off and just stayed inches in front of them. He'd let them ride on him. On beach walks he'd trip me up from behind when I least expect it and take off looking over his shoulder with that big grin.
He was an empath, when my wife was sick and had to have an op. he never left her side. Even went to the bathroom with her.

But don't let him get near any other male dog...Oh boy!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:30 AM   #14

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
A 'good' friend bought the car when I was a little strapped. I get to drive now and then in the summers.

And as for "Erik the Terrible"....Actually his name came from "Erik the Half a Bee" Monty Python. He was the dog to measure other dogs with. we got him at 5 weeks and he'd sit on one of my hands. He was great with kids and would steal stuff from them and run off and just stayed inches in front of them. He'd let them ride on him. On beach walks he'd trip me up from behind when I least expect it and take off looking over his shoulder with that big grin.
He was an empath, when my wife was sick and had to have an op. he never left her side. Even went to the bathroom with her.

But don't let him get near any other male dog...Oh boy!
Huskies are amazing animals.
Rileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:54 PM   #15

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
I think most dogs have at least some of that ability, and the most amazing ones are Lhasa Apsos. You've maybe seen photos of "show dog" Lhasas where their hair completely covers their eyes? That's because they don't need their eyes to see. They were bred by Tibetans (as guard dogs for their Buddhist temples), to be able to detect the presence of negative energy. A consequence of that was the ability to see physical objects without their eyes. I can verify that because we had one for many years and he went blind in his later years but navigated our little apartment just fine - he never bumped into anything including us. And if someone with the wrong energy approached our place, whoohoo did he go off, long before they got to the front door.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote