Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:13 PM   #1

I went out on my deck this morning, looking to see what the day would bring and was just in time to see the mountains (Olympics) going away...!

This was the best of the grab shots. E500, 40-150 at 150mm. Not the best of light to work with but I'm getting to like that lens more each time. The tripod may have helped but I didn't have time.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:42 PM   #2

wow, now thats a view.

this is about the best view i get around here. flat ground & trees

gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:01 PM   #3

Hi,

I can only echo what Gwilly said....WOW!!!

What a way to get up in the morning and see that view...

:|

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:25 PM   #4

Hi Scouse,

While I don't have as spectacular view as do you, wehavesome interesting signs that Spring is here. When I got back from Florida, I happened to heara bird in the back yard and saw a woodpecker. I heard it again today so I went out and found this bird perched atop a dead pine about 40 or so ft off the ground. Apparantly it's built a nest in the tree.

http://www.pbase.com/zig123/image/95764350

Given the late afternoon lack of light, I was fairly happy with the result. I'm hoping there might be some young ones around soon to photograph.

:|

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:42 PM   #5

Super view Scouse! How many days are the mountains visible thru the clouds? LOL.

Bet you have some great shots from your yard on a sunny day, and I bet a 300mm lens would bevery useful for you. You should post some more shots.

(I lived inmountainsover 10 years, but couldn't wait to get back to living at a warm beach. Now that I'm old, can't take the cold weather anymore like when I was young.) :?
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:46 AM   #6

wow nice! i yet to have seen any green :sad:

shot these 2 days ago in infrared. not that amazing when there's no trees full of white leafs.

there is actually a flower popping up at the end of my driveway, its seriously a big surprise. 2 flowers surrounded by dead pine needles hahaha

all photos are linked from my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/sapporo_ichiban/
versailles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:21 AM   #7

Thanks for your comments and your excelent photos you guys. I plan on doing a bit of sailing down below there come summer. If we ever get through spring that is!!! We've actually seen Orcas and Grey whales from the deck, then we head down the hill to the State park to try and get a closer look.

The Daffs are on their way out and next week I want to get out to the hundreds of acre of tulip fields they have just north of here.

We get quite a few different types of woodpeckers here as well, so I really do NEED that 70-300 lens, nice pic. I just need to sell some real estate! Going to be fun for photos if they raise some young woody chicks on that nest.

I do have some decent photos of the views here and of the State park, I'll sort them and show when I get time to play.

As for going somewhere warm, we're trying to find a way we can winter in Mexico and enjoy the summers up here, six months about. Winters are lousy on this old body....:-)

LIke this a month ago.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:27 AM   #8

Well that's embarrassing....:?

MY send button didn't 'appear' to be working, for post or edit. But if I went to Oly dslr at the top and then re-opend the thread...WOW!!!! There they all were.

I'm going to shut down, restart, my computer and see if that helps. One of the joys of being on an island here is having to use "dial up" and trying to squeeze all those photo pixels down a little phone line.

Just had to do the same for this.

Old Apr 19, 2008, 1:05 PM   #9

Hi Scouse: Have you checked into satellite Internet service? Not the cheapest thing, but definitely better than dial-up, and the price keeps dropping.

Normally my backyard flowers start bloomingstrong in early February, but we had some strong cold snaps, and I had a bunch of blooming plants get killed by frost this year. However, I have a lot of beautiful blooms now.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 4:06 PM   #10

> Still searching for Spring

OK, I couldn't resist - one of my Pekingese dogs is also searching for spring (grin).

(The petals arefrom a flowering crab tree hedoesn't appear to be able to notice.)

Attached Images

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote