Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:39 PM   #1

Hi all,

For those of you whoare regular readers ofWrotniak, just looked at his site and found he's gone off a bought a 70-300mm lens. The link below shows a preview of what he's getting for results with a promise of a detailed review to follow.

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/news.html

:|

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2008, 4:59 PM   #2

Hi Zig,

thnaks for posting the link. I think Oly should provide Wrotnaik with all the lenses and cameras that he needs or wants for testing as he's been doing a such a great and impartial job at reviewing the 4/3rds system. As a matter of fact I think Panaleica should do so as well. I wish that he could be laoned a 14-35F2 so he can test the beastie out.

Now what I foudn really interesting is this new bit of tech from Panaleica:

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/misc/frt-1.html

Now towards the end of the article - we get this wee tid bit:

"It remains unclear if Panasonic is planning an SLR model with the Lehrvergn├╝gen feature; this would be of great interest to the existing Four Thirds user community. "You haven't seen anything yet", my source just said, smiling."

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 5:27 PM   #3

Hey Harj,

There are few people with the dedication and unselfish nature of sharing information with the user community such as Wrotniak. Obviously, the other fellow is your countryman John Foster. What makes the information they share more valuable is that they explain their thinking and conclusion in a very logical and yet,easy to understand fashion- even I can understand the points they are trying to get across.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oly hasn't, at one time or another, contacted Wrotniak to do just what you suggested. The only drawback to that would be the possible loss of the look of impartiality. The way it is now, no one can accuse either of the fellows of playing favorite.

As for the "new Panny", Me thinks Wrotniak may be pulling our leg a bit with that one. Take a look at the model number of the panaleica and then the day he published the article. I think its a sly April Fool's Joke.

:|

Zig

Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:36 PM   #4

Looks i was had .. good and proper :G :G:idea:... but i did read somethign similar the olther day over a t Dgrin.com and on ModelMayhem's photographers forum and thats what made me think it could well be true.

Cheers

Harj

:? :|

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:54 PM   #5

Hey Harj,

Something could well be brewing withregard to anewPanaleica just not the FRT-1.

you're not alone , by the way, I started reading that article at the beginning of the month and was prepared to post a note advising eveyone about the article and possible exciting new cam. The more I read, the more the feeling I got that I was being had.

Just goes to show that a Polish physicist can have a sense of humor.

zig

Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:40 PM   #6

I think our friend Ken Rockwell (Unopinionated as he is) had some thoughts on that.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:54 PM   #7

Hi Scouse,

Thanks for the reminder about looking up Ken Rockwell. Have to remember visiting his site from time to time. He's also a good read. and yes... very humble and un-opinionated:roll:

Have a fun trip.

Zig
Old May 6, 2008, 5:50 AM   #8

Hi All,

Just finished reading Wrotniak's review of the 70-300mm lens -as far as I know, the first formal review by anyone. Heres the link if you're interested:

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/zd-070-300.html

Zig