Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 1, 2008, 6:28 PM   #1

Monday 28th was the second of my all day project shoots held at Adrian Pini's Studio. I shot 3 different projects - one based on the girls from SC, Becky and Ava and then two beauty shoots - "Explosive and Sedate", and "Goldleaf" with two wonderful models Fiona and Laurel, Louise (MUA) and Venessa (hair stylist) who stepped in at the last minute to cover for Jules.

I'm still stunned how good Fiona looked as Becky (in fact several shots look as if they were from the film) but Laurel as Ava Lord in this shot was just a revelation as the femme fatale. I've only just worked through a few of the raw files:

1. Project Sin City 2 "A Dame to kill for" - Ava Lord

2. Project Sin City - Becky

3. Project Explosive/Sedate:

4. Project "Gold Leaf":

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2008, 6:44 PM   #2

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
I'm still stunned how good Fiona looked as Becky (in fact several shots look as if they were from the film) but Laurel as Ava Lord in this shot was just a revelation as the femme fatale.
Harj - great, absolutely great photos. But if I can speak for the men in this forum, you're killing us...

(grin)

Ted

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 6:53 PM   #3

Hey Harj,

It's clear that I'm wasting my time taking photos of the wrong kind of "birds"......

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 7:08 PM   #4

Hey Ted, Zig

Thanks for the comments - the birds are driving me even more nuts behind the camera! I'm still pretty gob smacked how that AVa lord pic looks - I cant believe I actually toook it. Since i started these monthly projects, street shooting just doesn;t have the same feel but I think thats also partly becuase I'm in the same city and zones so nothing really changes or catches my eye.

I'm also finding my head spinning around with ideas for the following months shoot - I'm planning Mays already just need to flesh them out but I have a good idea on what to shoot.

Cheers

Harj

:O :?

Old May 1, 2008, 7:48 PM   #5

SUPER TERRIFIC GOOD and WOW!

Harj,

Ted & Zig pretty well summed it up for us and I agree. It is quite obvious to me that, like Zig, I am working on a wrong photo project.

Show us some more.

Old May 2, 2008, 5:06 AM   #6

great pics Harj, thats a hot set up you have.
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 6:37 PM   #7

Hi Bob, G

Guys thansk for the comments - the pics are good but theres still a way to go. I've run out of disk space so I've had to stop working on the files for now - hopefully I'll pick up a 750GB external tomorrow and can then crack on.

Have any of you guys and gals joined up with Model mayhem yet ? If not I;d do it, esp as its free and a great place to make contact with models, mua's and stylists. I doubt wether the pics woudl look as good if I just had teh models do their own makeup and hair.

Cheers

Harj

:O :?

Old May 3, 2008, 7:51 PM   #8

...........hey Harj,

I just now got Mrs. B's attention and passed on your suggestion that I join up with Model mayhem to broaden my photography habit and skill set.

Well, let me tell you she suggested I do it and then watch out for My-Home mayhem. She said that wild flowers, baseball and grandkids birthday parties are ok, but none of this Model mayhem business. Besides she said, "I should act my age ('39') and not stress my blood pressure"

So, if you will please continue on my behalf, show the results...... I will need to be satisfied.

Golly smoke, I wish she would see this thing your way, but I won't risk messing up 45 years of paying attention to her so it's back to lurking and looking for me.
Old May 4, 2008, 3:33 AM   #9

Yeah, Bob, when I read Harj's post I said to myself, "Well there's a guy who obviously isn't married." (grin)

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 9:47 AM   #10

Really quality stuff Harj.

My bird shooting didn't go nearly as well thisthis past weekend. My model was really shy.

And yes, I am married......:-)

Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote