Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 3, 2008, 4:55 AM   #1

Hi All,

Just finished reading an interesting article on John Foster's BIOS site by a fellow who particpated in a Safari in Tunisia, taking along his E-3 camera and kit. A pretty good slideshow is also attached. For those interested, here's the link:

http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2008, 1:46 PM   #2

I particularly liked the portrait with the ZD 50mm.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 6:51 PM   #3

Hi Zig

Thanks for posting that - looks liek it was an excellent way to test out the E3 ! What got me was the lens selection - nearly all kit-mid pro, with only the 7-14 Top pro lens. Just goes to show how good Oly glass is!

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 5:56 AM   #4

Good morning Ted/Harj,

I really liked the article, largely because the writer used the E-3 with lenses that I actually might own.. So often, in these types of articles, you see photographs taken with the pro model - super expensive lenses that are outside of most peoples budgets-including mine.I'm usuallyleft with the feelingthat I can'tget that quality of image with my kit or mid model lenses.

Also, I was surprised at how insidious the dust was and how well the E-3 performed under those conditions-as did the lenses.

Ted, as for the 50mm ZD, it really is a fine lens. I bought one about a year ago and was really pleased with how sharp the images were that I was getting. I bought to take portraits with and found that the lens was actually too sharp. It shows everything -flaws and all really really well. Sometimes using a softer lens is actually more forgiving. Anyways, I sold it so that I could get the 70-300mm.

I think my next lens purchase will be the 14-54ZD which should nicely covermy portrait needs.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote