Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 30, 2008, 9:36 AM   #11

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Greg,

81bucks for a ticket.... Ouch!!!

Zig

You are not kidding!

Back in 1996 when I lived less than 5 miles from the ballpark and had a mini-season ticket plan (32 home games), the price on all lower bowl seats was $16....how far we've come.... or gone.

They now have somethinglike 6levels of prices depending on location...on just the lower bowl seats, and two price lists. One if you want to see the Yankees, Red Sox, etc., and another, "lower" level, for everyone else.Last year I made all of two games. This year... this may be it.

When I was online, the section I wanted to sit inshowed a price of $60. I called instead of buying onlinebecause wanteda ticket in a specific section due to the view of the field I wanted. The lady told me there was a single on row 13 (rows in this section begin with row 4 due to the dugout), so I said, "I'll take it".

She then said, "you do realize this is a $75 ticket!"...turns out the first several rows are considered "Premium Field Level", and cost $75 for this game.....$84 if it had been someone likethe Yankees or Red Sox. Add service fees and such for a total of $81, and you've still gotta pay for the gas to get over there....it's around 35 miles one-wayfrom my home today, and the $12 it costs to park.

There aren't too many professional sports events I go to these days for this very reason. I can still get a good, $40 seat for a Dallas Stars NHL game, and the view is great...

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/galler...66413216_j2WZZ

$81 is also why horse racing is such a good deal at $2 to park and $3 to get in!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 12:40 PM   #12

Hi Greg,

The Red Sox, here in Boston like to keep things simple. They charge cost prohibitve pricing (for the average family) regardless of what teams in town.

First 2 rows by the dugout- $325

next 10 rows $125

The seats you bought 90bucks.

Green Monster seats are $160

Each game is a sell out. I don't know how they do it.

BTW, I've seen your great photos on SmugMug as well. Super Hockey action shots. I like your self portrait in Paris. My wife and I are looking at going there next early Spring. That is if the economy doesn't kill us first.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 2:25 PM   #13

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
BTW, I've seen your great photos on SmugMug as well. Super Hockey action shots. I like your self portrait in Paris. My wife and I are looking at going there next early Spring. That is if the economy doesn't kill us first.

Zig

Thanks!

That shot in Paris was taken in 2006. I handed my E300+7-14 Zuiko to my girlfriend and she snapped it.We went again last September and it was *much* more expensive in terms of the exchange rate, but what a beautiful place. Given the opportunity to pick one spot and an unlimited budget, I'd go again.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote