Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:18 PM   #41

pgm - wow, thats sharp. no cabelas around here, but i get the catalog. theres a bass pro up in savannah though.

hi harj, if your talking about the pic of the girl, its from a c8080 digicam. legendary :?zuiko lens on it. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/c8080.html
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:04 PM   #42

Hi Bob,

Talk about sharp!!........... that image is just spot on.

Olympus really had something going with the C-series cameras starting with the C-5050 and ending up at the C-8080WZ.Asthe photos you and G have posted.I don't know why they ever stopped further developing that series.

The two shots above, are two of my favorites taken with the c-5060wz.

Regards,

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:56 PM   #43

Gentlemen: You struck a cord with me. No matter how many cameras I acquire, I have never once thought about giving up my Oly C8080. The optics on it is amazing, and it is built like a Mack Truck. I don't feel that build quality in handling my other Olys. I understand the demands of the marketplace, but I'm sorry that Oly didn't continue the development of the C series.

Steven R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:11 PM   #44

great pics there Zig
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:13 PM   #45

Hi Guys

Now that OlyPanaLeica have announced the m43 will we get to see an AF ZD or Panaleica 1.2 lens ?

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:41 PM   #46

Hey Harj,

My suspicion, because of the Oly/Pana/Leica co-development,is that a f1.2 lens will firstbe released in the m43 configuration. Just not sure where in the pipeline that would be.

Now, wouldn't that bequitea premiere lens to release along with the premiere M43 camera!! Hmmmm..................

Zig
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:51 PM   #47

:shock:jeez, its 104°f/40°c out,here in south georgia

hi harj,

:idea:thats an idea i hadnt seen, amoungst all the µ4/3 hullabaloo, but i dont seethat it would be any easier or cheaper to develop and i dont think it could be telecentric. i dont think the target market would pay much for one, or want one, but i havent paid much attention to what its all about, so i dont know nuthin anyway, but i dont think i want one, µ4/3 camera that is.

but you might be able to fit a canon fd 1.2 on one.

i emailed RJ yesterday to tell him he's got lots of new adapter designs to do. but i wouldnt be surprised if oly sabotages (as in no metering) the use of manual lenses on µ4/3. optimist that i am

this micro deal is aimed mostly at the p&s crowd anyway, isnt it? surely these cameraswont compete with dslrs, at least among dslr users.

but like i said, i dont know nuthin anyway :-)
Old Aug 6, 2008, 4:36 PM   #48

gwillys wrote:

this micro deal is aimed mostly at the p&s crowd anyway, isnt it? surely these cameras will not compete with dslrs, at least among dslr users.

Hi G,

Based on the few releases I've read so far, that seems to be the case. And, according to the guru at Imaging resource, Dave, there are serious issues that need to be overcome.

Having said that, i look at there being a very real possibility of this being a really cool product that everyone with some capital will want to have. The part that interests me is the ability to go on vacation with a miniature kit bag to include camera and 2 or 3 lenses that can easily fit into a small bag.. The thought of walking around with a pocket camera that can change lenses and that produces high quality images is actually quite exciting.

Zig
Old Aug 6, 2008, 4:54 PM   #49

thanks Zig. im picturing this as a sd14/dp1 etc(or whatever they are) with itty bitty interchangable lenses. i see why many folks would want one, just of no interest to me. im actually getting tired of hearing about it, me being a grouchy OF. wont bring anything new to 4/3 for me. but if your happy, im happy
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:22 PM   #50

I'm not sure that the m43 is for me either, other than as a street cam where I think its size, silent shutter and smaller/faster lenses is going to make it just perfect.

Now have a read of this little tidbit posted by Sean Reid over at the Leica Forum, regards view finders:

"I see no reason why a window finder (with or without a rangefinder) couldn't be used with this standard."

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...gital-m-5.html

I hadn;t thought about it at all - but that could be very cool indeed.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote