Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:10 PM   #1

The lovely Katee for your viewing pleasure.

I'm very pleased with the results here, this was her first time really doing any modeling at all, and I think it came quite naturally to her. She was extreamly happy with the results as well, and we'll be setting up for an indoor shoot to help get her a start to a portfolio she can start submitting to agencies.

Was just using the camera (e-510) and a flash (for some), all done with the kit lens (grrr, new one should be here soon). Also I noticed something kind of odd, when using the flash, the camera wouldn't let the shutter go quicker then 1/180 I think it was. I thought this was kind of odd, because it would end up in some seriously over-exposed shots.

I know the size is a bit small, but for some reason I could only link in full size or this size and I really don't want to go through and resize them right now. As always comments are more then welcomed!

Edit: for larger photots
Rileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2008, 4:38 PM   #2

Hi Rileigh

There's some pretty nice shots there - good compositions, very nice colour and a good model too, esp considering it was her first shoot. You might want to get your hands on a large 5 in one reflector - I've found it to be very handy.

Not sure about the flash sync speed on the E510 and if it can go faster than 1/180s. You might want to look at having the falsh off camera, so definietly check out strobist.com to learn how to do this well.

Did you have an MUA for the shoot ? If not, I'd find one thats willign to help out with the shoots - they can really change a shot in a big way and at the same time they give the model a wee bit of a boost. The other thing that I do during the shoot is make sure that the MUA and hair stylist (if you have one during the shoot) are there while shooting so that they can step in and fix anything that's out of place - make up, clothes, hair etc.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:22 PM   #3

Hi Rileigh

Nice shots especially with kit lense, shows how good the kit lenses can be

note on flash you don't say what flash system it is but fl-36 and fl50 if you press the mode butten untill ttl Auto FP appears this allows you to shoot at any shutter speed.

hope this helps

Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:34 PM   #4

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi Rileigh

There's some pretty nice shots there - good compositions, very nice colour and a good model too, esp considering it was her first shoot. You might want to get your hands on a large 5 in one reflector - I've found it to be very handy.

Not sure about the flash sync speed on the E510 and if it can go faster than 1/180s. You might want to look at having the falsh off camera, so definietly check out strobist.com to learn how to do this well.

Did you have an MUA for the shoot ? If not, I'd find one thats willign to help out with the shoots - they can really change a shot in a big way and at the same time they give the model a wee bit of a boost. The other thing that I do during the shoot is make sure that the MUA and hair stylist (if you have one during the shoot) are there while shooting so that they can step in and fix anything that's out of place - make up, clothes, hair etc.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O

Yes, a reflector would have been great to have and is on the way along with an assortment of other goodies including some studio strobes, softboxes, backdrops and stands, a dual flash kit with diffusers (they look like mini softboxes) for outdoor work, and a 14-54mm lens (all I could really manage to work into the budget with all the other crap). Sadly all this stuff has been stuck in quebec for the past 4 days (I'm in nova scotia), hopefully it's not lost. Been pretty anxious for this stuff to get here.

I didn't and haven't worked with one yet, but I've had two different people offer to do so. I've been waiting to do that with indoor work first, plus for outdoor shoots like this I wanted a more natural look with less makeup anyway.

And yeah it was just the built in flash. Again waiting for all this crap to come in.
Rileigh is offline   Reply With Quote