Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:14 PM   #11

pgmCoder wrote:
Quote:
........one I did with a CP and the 40-150. The sky turned out pretty nice in this one

Now that is one nice photo..!

Ken

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:16 PM   #12

....thanks for the compliment Ken

Something I find interesting is that the plane was on approach to DFW and being over Grand Prairie at the time it was approx 6 or so miles from my home. If the original file is 'zoomed' enough then the American Airlines markings show. That amount of detail is just surprising to me.

I took several that afternoon while cooking in the back yard. This is a common site here including right now today, just those puffy humidity laden cumulas (pretty).

Ted get the CP and head on down here, the clouds & sky are right. BTW it is 100'F' today and I have another ball game this afternoon, already did one this morning and these clouds really do help with the shade spots.

Thanks again, another photo from that day with the 40-150/CP on the E-300.

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:29 PM   #13

Brent,

I apologize for getting so involved to YOUR thread with my stuff.

As for the filter, I just did not spend much on the CP since I had no clue about it at the time. I just wanted something to learn about and so the CP used for the 58mm lenses is a Cokin cheapy from Best Buy, about 15$ at the time. I does good enough job for me and my occasional usage.

For the 14-54 & 50-200 the same thing, a low pricer (SunPak) from Best Buy 67mm at about 20$.

I also use a UV full time on all my lenses, for me, the same low cost COKIN or SunPak UV for all my lenses and Oly C7070WZ........ I leave them on all the time

I just don't take the IQ photos at some do and I ain't spending $$$ on filters when I can spend those dollars on something like software or toward another lens. Besides I likely could not tell a difference between a Hoya and Cokin filter affect.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:18 PM   #14

Hey Bob,

It seems that your part of the country gets those deep blue skies. In the summer, the humidity around here (I think) usually causes a haze in the sky. But I got this shot sitting down on the beach one evening a few weeks ago. This ii about as blue as it gets here near the water.

I have a Visico C PL on my 14 -45mm. I've had it since day one. I think it helps knock down some of the glare.

To your point, it was a cheapie on Ebay- I think about 15bucks.

The subject, for thosewho are curious, is a "small" 11,250s.f. summer home at the end of our street overlooking Cape Cod Bay. Since it's about6 times largerthan the average size home in the neighborhood, it's a topic of conversation.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:35 PM   #15

pgmCoder wrote:
Quote:
Brent,

I apologize for getting so involved to YOUR thread with my stuff.
No, no...not a problem. I intended this thread to be a discussion about polarizers. People can see my model photos in many places.

Anything related to polarizers is welcome here.
Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:49 PM   #16

pgmCoder wrote:
Quote:
Ted, get the CP and head on down here the clouds & sky are right.
Hi, Bob

So you want me to come to Texas? On purpose? Do I need a passport?

Just kidding.

Based on that great image of yours, I might just need to do that. What's frustrating to me is that I couldn't get that kind of sky when I lived in northern Arizona (one of the best places to live in the US). But I figure I was on one of the main flight paths to California.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:58 PM   #17

Wow Zig, I thought you were sending a photo of YOUR house then. I was planning a visit....:-)

Last week I broke down and while my daughter and kids were watching Wall E I went in the camera shop in the mall and picked up a CP actually they had a toofer sale a UV and a CP together for the price of one. Don't ask about the name I didn't recognise it.

The reason I broke down was we stopped on the way to the mall to take a Pic of Mt Baker on a beautiful blue day. A typical day in the Pacific Northwest..... and the shot was awful, faded looking.

Here's the shot on the way back, picking my son-in-law up after golf. Trust me that CP made a big difference.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:21 AM   #18

..............yeah, when I first saw the house I thought Zig might be inviting all of us to his place for a week with our CP filters, each would have his own window.

Zig and Ken, your pictures are nice, they are pleasing to look at and thanks for showing them. I quit playing golf long long ago but with a view like in your picture Ken, it would be tempting to start playing again.

The CPs can and do make a difference but I don't think of using it often enough.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 6:09 AM   #19

Nice shot Ken.....and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your shots from China, too.

Bob,if I owned that spread,inviting all of youguys wouldn't be any problem at all.....of course, in a house that size,we'd probably not findeach other for days.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote