Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:57 PM   #1

Well that's what my old mum called it once when she couldn't remember the name 'Deception'.

Took the gang over for a day and when we arrived the fog was still hanging in there. Fun trying to get some mood shots. I took quite a few trying different angles and settingswith the light changing all the time.

Let me know what you think.

Just as it started to clear at Bowman's Bay

My Daughter under the pier, (pretty inshe.:-))

Me under the pier..!

Some nice light on the rocks

Nice little cove at Bowman's

Now the light is coming

Even the clouds are adding to it

Great area...Huh!? Even makes a tog outta me, sort of.

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:08 AM   #2

Hi Ken,

Nicely done. The last 2 are especially well done. The E-500's Kodak sensorproduces some really fine colors and 'just seems to get it right' (IMHO).

If it weren't for IS, I'd still be shooting with an E-500.

Thanks for sharing.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:19 AM   #3

...........these i enjoy seeing (I've looked at them more than once).

Very nice presentation, thanks much!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:26 AM   #4

Thanks zig-Bob. I took a lot of shots, it was like being a kid in a candy shop, not knowing where to point the camera next. One of "those" days.

The sensor colours remind me of the old Agfa film, the rich earth tones.

That IS is quite a draw isn't it? I'm hanging on for a while though even though hand holding the 40-150 full out is about the limit for a decent shot. When I get that 70-300 I'll start carrying a monopod.

What ticks me off (Like how I toned down my expletives..:-)) is I see some nice looking IS compact zoom lenses in Outdoor Tog, then in the fine print it states that they're for Nikanon (only) Don't they know, or care that they're losing a viable market.

Rant over......
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:02 PM   #5

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
That IS is quite a draw isn't it? I'm hanging on for a while though even though hand holding the 40-150 full out is about the limit for a decent shot. When I get that 70-300 I'll start carrying a monopod.
Hi Ken,

IS is important to me simply because I have a tremor in my right hand(mid-stage of Parkinson's) As a result, without IS, I couldn't hand hold a camera, regardless of what lens I used.

The average 'normal' :?person probably wouldn't see much of a difference in IQ between the E-500 and the E-510, when using a long focal length lens i.e. 70-300mm unless shooting in low light. At 300mm and with low light, you'd probably be using a tripod or monopod anyways....

Sure, having IS is nice and with the added firmware enabling IS for Legacy lenses is better still, but the E-500 is still a great camera and I would think you would get great results with the 70-300mm.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:16 PM   #6

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Scouse wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ken,

IS is important to me simply because I have a tremor in my right hand(mid-stage of Parkinson's) As a result, without IS, I couldn't hand hold a camera, regardless of what lens I used.

The average 'normal' :?person probably wouldn't see much of a difference in IQ between the E-500 and the E-510, when using a long focal length lens i.e. 70-300mm unless shooting in low light. At 300mm and with low light, you'd probably be using a tripod or monopod anyways....

Sure, having IS is nice and with the added firmware enabling IS for Legacy lenses is better still, but the E-500 is still a great camera and I would think you would get great results with the 70-300mm.

Zig

Thanks for that, I plan on the 70-300 later this summer...and a monopod or the tripod if the light is really low. My tripod is a hunk much like some steel scaffolding..:-)but my wife bought it for me and I'd haul it around for that reason only.

Regrets about the parkinson's, fortunately it doesn't seem to slow you from doing the thing you like and are good at.

Ken
Old Jul 3, 2008, 5:12 PM   #7

Beautiful shots! Love 'em all.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote