Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:10 AM   #1

Hi all,

I was surfing this morning and found a link to John Isaac, a photographer that shoots exclusively with the E system cameras. The photos are pretty impressive.

Here's a link to his home page:

http://www.johnisaac.com/index.html

The following link is to a series of simply stunning photographs using the E-1 and E-300 DSLRs:

http://www.olympus-esystem.jp/gallery_e/isaac_j/

For those of you interested in what can be done with the E-510, here's a link to an article, complete with photos,he wrote on using the E-510 .

http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthre...y510Review.php

Iinterested in nature photography?............. you gotta look at his photos

:|

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:51 AM   #2

I had a few minutes to take a look at his e510 reaview and photos. Not sure if I want to look at his other shots, I'm just starting to think I can do Nature photography and along comes someone whe knows what he's doing....... He's good.

He can't know that much though if he mistakingly thinks that this is a plus.......:

"The other camera feature that I think is so important, and still sets Olympus apart from other camera companies, is the Ultrasonic Wave Filter. When you are in the jungle in the middle of the summer, dust is the major problem for a photographer who is in a jeep or on top of an elephant changing lenses every so often. Olympus' dust reduction technology is much appreciated. Other companies are starting to come out with their own versions of dust protection, but only Olympus is offering this in every single model."

Doesn't he read any reviews from Nikanon fans.

I'm looking foward to looking at his other shots later, you learn something everytime.

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:47 AM   #3

The guy must be an idiot. Doesn't he have any idea how many shots he's missing because of the SSWF sequence?

Think about it. Every single time he turns on the camera, he wastes a good half a second that could be used for shooting.
Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:44 PM   #4

There are some excellent photos in there. I love to travel so I appreciate how much he has. I also like the way he doesn't follow all the "rules" when taking pics. Some are very centered and some are not even straight but his photos make you want to look at them.

I'm a fan.

Not sure about his site though. It wouldn't let me open up individual countries and the pics were small at around. 500 x 300
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 1:50 PM   #5

Hey Ken,

You're right - his home page is a bit limiting..... as well as not being easy to navigate. What prompted me to post his shots were the nature shots using the E-1 and E-300 cameras. They are just flat out outstanding.The photos also reinforce the claim that Olylenses are some of the finestyou can buy.

The E-510 review and subsequent photographs weren't shabby either.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote