Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 5, 2008, 8:01 PM   #1

Rolando Gomez is a PROFESSIONAL model photographer who uses several types of cameras INCLUDING the E-1, E-300, AND E-500. I recently came across his work in the Amherst Media book called "Rolando Gomez's Glamour Photography, Professional Techniques and Images"; when I got the book from the library I didn't know he used Olympus.

The front cover of the book was shot with an E-500 50mm ISO100 1/30 f/5 6000K. It was shot at sunset, but it had additional fill light to light up the model.

Although the book I mentioned contains full nudity (no explicit genital shots), it's a good book to show what can be done with Olympus E cameras and show it's the photographer and not the camera (Nikon, Canon, or otherwise) or whether it's FourThirds or 135/35mm full frame!

Almost picture mentions what camera, lens, and what settings he used. Although he also uses Leica (R9) for some of his shoots, it appears he primarily uses Olympus.

Rolando Gomez also has an online presence at:
http://www.rolandogomez.com/

Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2008, 6:37 AM   #2

Hi Mike

Thanks for posting the link to his site and I'll have a good look at his work as soon as I can.

Regards "Its the photographer", I've got Micheal Grecco's Creative Portraiture book and he occassionally uses a $10 Holga and a few shots from one of those have gone into various magaznes. He's then got another pic that looks as if it was taken with a Holga but instead it was Hassalbad with a digital back!

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:13 PM   #3

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
He's then got another pic that looks as if it was taken with a Holga but instead it was Hassalbad with a digital back!
I've had one of those revelations recently...I got a book called "Experimental Vision" thinking I could emulate the techniques...I was shocked to find out though that most of the pictures were taken from 1919 to 1950 and all done in chemical darkrooms.

Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote