Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:45 AM   #31

Hi G,

Thanks for correcting me on the 85f1.4 Zeiss.I don't know why I refer to it as the F1.8. BTW, did that lens come in an Olympus mount-or did you have to make an adapter?

As for the vivitar, I'm waiting to see if a series 1 90 mm macro pops up someplace in an OM mount. The lens being offered byB&H Photo comes with a Minolta mount and I'd rather not have to invest in another adapter.

And yes,I keep waiting for SS to post a few shots with his 90mm.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:23 PM   #32

[align=center]the zeisses :arrow:http://tinyurl.com/6ayaj4:-)[/align]
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:06 PM   #33

Hi, Guys

I really appreciate all the feedback you've given me.

I've figured out that I need a 100mm F2 lens for the application I'm most concerned withright now, not a shorter one. My first choice would be the Zeiss but I just can't afford it at this point. So I'm going with the Oly 100mm f/2 legacy lens which is half the price of the Zeiss, even thoughI do believe the Zeiss is probably worth way more than double the Adorama price of the Oly. This conundrum always faces me with automobile purchases, but 'ya gotta stay within the limits of your income.

I plan to shoot with it and the Oly ZD 35-100F2 , to see if it matters that much in this particularapplication. I very much doubt that it will make me as happy as the ZD 35-100F2 does, but it should allow me to move around more easily and that may be worthwhile.

Once again, thanks a lot!

Ted

PS: Yo Zig - I'm still looking for a good retail outlet for pierogi. Since Andrej lives around here, I was thinking about asking him but I know he'll just tell me to make them myself. I did that once and just about died after rolling out all that dough...
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:52 PM   #34

Hi Ted,

I'mpretty surethat the Chicago area is still the "ski" capitol of the country. More poles live there than any other area in the US-at least that was true a few years back.

Anyways.....there is a company, Polana, Inc that ships all over the country. Thought

this may be of interest to you as they make pierogieswith 12 different fillings: http://www.polana.com/product/773/16

As for the lens, good luck!

Zig
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:10 PM   #35

Teds dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC6cuWKRYg0
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 3:31 PM   #36

gwillys wrote: Um, thanks, but my dreams tend to be very different than that.

<wide grin>

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 6:53 PM   #37

So there I was Sunday evening driving home from a house I'd just listed for sale. The MLS lets us put 15 fairly small photos up as part of the report to let other agents and their cllients see the home. Naturally we want it to look it's best so I took about 120 shots to work from and all the time cursing and wishing that I had something wider than the 14-45.

While driving I remembered this thread and Gregs wonderful shots and had to have another look. (The widest of my old lenses was 28mm so that didn't help!) Then I googled in the price of your old lens....Oh my, why did you ever let it go? Well one shouldn't ask those things, ones moments seem to ebb and flow. Haven't looked at ebay yet though.

Next time I have some 'spare' change, I'll look into that little jewel.

No, I'm not advertizing, just wanted to show what 620K will fetch you here...:-)

Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 9:15 PM   #38

Hi Ken,

Nice shot. The sky is especially pleasing in that image. 120+ shots!! you certainly work hard for your seller. I'm always surprised to see how bad some of the photos showcasing homes for sale are. You certainly did a good job for the owner. Now if it only sells in a week, that would be .

Good luck,

zig

Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:16 AM   #39

Thanks Zig,

I don't usually take that many shots but it's a big, really big house with big rooms and nothing in them. So I tried all kinds of angles to try and put some perspective to the shots.

I got my 15.....:-)
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote