Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 26, 2008, 5:02 PM   #1

It is too hot today to even think about spending time outdoors so I visited http://bobbrennan.smugmug.com/ and viewed through some old galleries of which I need to do some 'throw away' activity to.

It turns out that I do have some photos of other than baseball so here are a couple I would like to share from a trip to the Fort Worth Stockyards for the longhorn drive that takes place there everyday.

These are B4 E-3, they are from the E-300 & 14-54 lens. The first photo below, I turned to BW, printed to 11 x 14 and have it 'on the wall'.

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2008, 5:32 AM   #2

Hi Bob,

Those indeed are allnice shots. That first photo must look super in B&W. Thanks for sharing. Must be quite a site to see a Longhorn drive going thorugh city streets.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:24 PM   #3

...............thanks Zig, I like the photo at BW but my daughter wanted one in color as is posted, it turned out pretty nice too.

The longhorns stay up at the stockyards but do make a run downtown for some special occasions. I worked downtown Ft Worth for 16 years, there seems always something special is happening with chuck wagon parades at stock show time, the longhorns, the circus parade of elephants and the horse mounted city police.

Once during a lunch walk I and some friends saw a police officer ride his horse chasing a car, after a couple trips through parking lots the officer did catch up to the car, stopped him and when we walked by was sitting still on the horse and the driver was spread eagled with hands on the car top. The mounted police, men and women, wear typical western boots and hats as part of their uniform, I've seen spurs too.

Surely is hot here now, today 105 F and the same predicted for the next 7 days. No photo safarii for a while.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 4:42 PM   #4

105 degrees YIKES!!! that's hot.......hope it cools down for you. One of our friends just arrived from Dallas this evening and filled us in on all the hot weather down your way.

By the way, your post says that you also take other shots besidesbaseballphotos, I, for one hope, you continue to post action baseball pics as weather allows. They're great, I really enjoy seeing them, and I get good ideas from reviewing them- with the only issue being that they want to make me run out and buy an E-3.

In the meantime, stay in the shade.

Zig
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:11 PM   #5

Zig,
.............my baseball season is finished for this year. My grandson's team is in Fayetteville, Arkansas this week for a tournament, today through Sunday, but I decided at the last minute to stay home.

Jacob plays football (QB) at school but I don't make football photos.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate your saying and the last baseball photos I saw from you were very good and in fact remind me of my composition style, I enjoyed seeing them.

BTW -- this is the BW version of photo 1 above

_________
boBBrennan

PS -- tell your friend from Big D that it cooled down here today, even had some nice rain, but spotty. Temp today at DFW officially was 101

Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:04 PM   #6

Hi Bob,

101 degrees in the DFW area.......now that's a downright coldfront rolling thru:-)

As for your B&W version of your first image, it's easy to see why it is gracing one of the walls in your home. There's that "just right" look of an image of a cowboy and his horse when it's presented in B&W as are western landscapes. Color, even though it is wonderful, gives that image a more modern look and feel.

regards,

Zig

Old Aug 2, 2008, 7:33 AM   #7

I like these pictures, especially the first. They give a good feeling of the area. Must visit the US again (was there last time 2001 and 2002).
Martin
barann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 8:42 AM   #8

Thanks Martin, I very much appreciate your comments.
____
boBB