Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 3, 2008, 3:07 AM   #1

I shouldn't be posting images this late at night....please ignore the awful spelling in the title....I do know how to spell "Landscapes".

Two of my favorite subjects, so I thought I'd show up early for today's (August 2) game and do some shooting before too many folks got into the stadium and see how many subjects I could find. Shot with my E510 and either the 14-54 or 70-300 Digital Zuikos..

Honey, I went shopping and all I came back with was a basket of balls...

Through the shadows of the ballpark, a new neighbor can be seen building their own mega-stadium that I'm sure I'll never be able to afford to go inside....

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2008, 8:52 AM   #2

................yepper, it wud be nice to beeable to fix aufel tiitel spelin specially if done during a recuperating from heat exhaustion session.

But, I am glad you posted some from the ballpark.......... my favorite is the batting practice screen, thanks for putting that one on, I will check the 'SmugGal' for others. I really like all these but the screen off the skin is by far the one I looked at longest.

And the 14-35 shot in the other thread, that is GOOD too, I knew you had ordered those at AC in my name then coasted your thoughts toward owning one by taunting me a while back. I thought about going to AC this weekend, butttttttttttt.

Good stuff ... for me it is just too hot to get out for any but necessities like groceries (Dr Pepper, Blue Bell and the like).

____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:07 AM   #3

pgmCoder wrote:
Quote:
................yepper, it wud be nice to beeable to fix aufel tiitel spelin specially if done during a recuperating from heat exhaustion session.

Good stuff ... for me it is just too hot to get out for any but necessities like groceries (Dr Pepper, Blue Bell and the like).

____
boBB

As I was sitting in my car last night at 10:30 waiting for the traffic to thin out, my eyes felt sunburned. They still sort-of do this morning, and I've got to drive to the airport to pick up a friend in the next hour. It was still 95 degrees at 9:30pm last night.

I was there really early yesterday. If I get there before they block off the south lot for game day traffic and am there with all the others who are there earlier to go to the museum and just buy tickets, I canleave my car there and not have to pay the $12 it costs to park(!), but I think this was my last game of the year. In the open sun, it almost felt like it does when you open the oven to check on something, except this you felt all over vs just on your hand and arm with the oven.

That, and right now all weekend games fall under this rediculous "premium" pricing level. I didn't sit in my usual seat down low because it was $84 for this game! As it was, the Club Level (Section 232, row 1), cost $59 once you added all the extras they charge for buying over the phone and picking it up at Will-Call, which all seems a little much when you factor in the really bad pitching you then have to endure.

I definitely understand the Blue Bell and Dr. Pepper thing....expecially if it's those Dublin Dr. Peppers!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:57 PM   #4

Hi Greg

Those are some really fine shots and very different from what I was expecting, actually I think that is what makes them even better. I like the composition a lot and for someone thats never been inside to a Baseball stadium I think you've captured the feel really well.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 2:23 PM   #5

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
That, and right now all weekend games fall under this rediculous "premium" pricing level. I didn't sit in my usual seat down low because it was $84 for this game! As it was, the Club Level (Section 232, row 1), cost $59 once you added all the extras they charge for buying over the phone and picking it up at Will-Call, which all seems a little much when you factor in the really bad pitching you then have to endure.
Hi, Greg

What amazes me about MLB baseball ticket pricing is that it's not all that much less than NFL football tickets, but MLB plays 81 home games a year and NFL plays 8. Adding insult to injury, as a Maryland taxpayer I subsidized the construction of Camden Yards. Jeeeez....

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:58 PM   #6

tkurkowski wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Greg

What amazes me about MLB baseball ticket pricing is that it's not all that much less than NFL football tickets, but MLB plays 81 home games a year and NFL plays 8. Adding insult to injury, as a Maryland taxpayer I subsidized the construction of Camden Yards. Jeeeez....

Ted
Yes, I don't know how they do it....keep as many people buying season tickets. Especially families.

They announced the crowd at 32,000+ last night, but there were not that many there. Lots of empty seats that I'm sure are sold, so they include them in the attendance numbers. Must be corporate seats....or people with enough money they could buy an E3 outfit, including the7-14, 14-35 and 35-100 outfit any day they want, which kinda makes me just a little jealous!