Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 7, 2008, 8:32 AM   #11

lol,some guy @ dpr has proclaimed it will serve as a digital back :?

what a bunch of whacko's
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:27 AM   #12

HI G,

I have to admit that I have waytoo much time on my hands and visit way too many sites to see what's goin' on........but the posts by some on the Oly forum are nothing short of hilarious.

I wonder what they would do if something reallly went wrong?:P

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:04 AM   #13

Harjtt wrote:

Here's a pic of the new mount and the first lens next to a 40-150: Now if thats an F2 constant zoom lens - even a 14-35, I'd be happy.

After taking a gander at the photo, I realized that we're looking at a block of wood.

There's a couple of additional photos circulating on other sites that are part of the same release. All photos confirm that the lens they are showcasing is nothing more than a mockup.

I'm done now, going to go and do some yardwork or something else productive.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:38 AM   #14

good idea Zig. yard work, thats the ticket! no shortage of that here, on my 6 acre park. besides all the other stuff that needs to be done maintaining3+ acres of lawn/landscaping, theres 10 or 12 dead oak trees that need to be cut down & disposed of. i did a 360° pano out front a couple years ago, but theres so many trees, you cant see much.

i love it out here, in the boonies, surrounded by southern conservative baptists, with all my guns and rampant xenophobia
even the kids have manners :shock:
ok, im off to water the palms.

gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Harjtt wrote:

Here's a pic of the new mount and the first lens next to a 40-150: Now if thats an F2 constant zoom lens - even a 14-35, I'd be happy.

I have a feeling we know the answer to this question!

Even if this makes it possible to create physicallysmaller, larger aperture lenses, I have a feeling the price ofany constant f2 zoom in this smaller systemis going to fall into the same price bracket as the regular 4/3rd's lenses!

This is going to be a consumer, not pro, products-driven system. Expect slow, consumer-level zooms...at least, initially. The idea is going to be to sell a lot of them up front....at least, it SHOULD be.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote