Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:45 PM   #1

Just a quick FYI for those of you who hadn't heard the latest Oly/Pana announcement on the "Micro Four-Thirds system".

"....a new digital camera format on Tuesday that will make single lens reflex (SLR) models smaller and lighter, in a bid to drive sales of their advanced machines."

http://www.reuters.com/article/techn...28265320080805

Be interesting to see what develops.

Steven R.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:14 AM   #2
OCD

I think this is going to be a terrific innovation and will blow apart the bridge/prosumer camera market, not to mention the potential for creating a trulyLeica likepro digital rangefinder (hopefully), and the ultimate travel/pocket P&S cameras. And forums for other manufacturers (Canon, Nikon etc) are buzzing in a generally very excited way with the news.

Steve
OCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 5:49 AM   #3

Hi Steven,

Thanks for posting the link.

It appears that this announcement has certainly created quite a buzz. Although, many posts at the DPreview forum make it sound as if the sky is falling.

How's Tampa in August?

regards,

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 8:52 PM   #4

Hi Zig: It's been a good summer here. Our rainy season here starts like clockwork the first of June. We've been in drought conditions for the past 2-3 years, but rainfall has been way above normal this year, so we are rapidly catching back up and erasing the prior rainfall deficit. Normal high temps in Tampaduring July and August are in the low to mid 90's. We've been hitting that, then the afternoon thundershowersblow in off the Gulf. It will rain very hard for an hour or so, then they move on by,cooling everything down. My neighbor moved here several years ago from New York, and he says that there are only 2 seasons in Tampa: Summer and Perfect!

Actually we never get as hot here as Greg and Bob in Texas. Having worked in the Dallas area before in the summertime, I remember the days when the temps were in triple digits there. I know that Dallas had a bunch of 100+ days this year.

Steve R.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote