Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:34 PM   #11

I have been monitoring this for the last few weeks and I have seen it as low as 299, however the site listing it at that price was unknown to be....so I passed it up. Amazon has had it as low as 319 shipped currently 329 shipped.

Also note that the 35mm Macro is now well below 200 at 189 shipped.
signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 8:53 AM   #12

Congratulation Ken & Sharon! Ken, they also told me in March that I had reached the 70 number.......... tickled me a bunch.

Be sure to see Zig's post on the E-510 ... will cause you to get anxious waiting for tomorrow's delivery of your new lens.

____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 2:43 PM   #13

UPStracking says it got to Seattle today, So they have 2 days to get it another 50 miles.... They might just make it....Whoohooooooo!

MARCH! Ha alway's know that you were older than me, mine's May 1. Mark your calendar now, I'm expecting big things from the Oly board.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:37 AM   #14

^^ What is your SitRep Soldier!

SitRep=Situation Report:G
signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 2:51 PM   #15

I've been really tempted to buy these lenses, but I simply haven't been able to convince myself, seen as I haven't had the time to even fully explore what I have now (the 2 kit lens and the 35mm macro) fully.
dlpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:43 PM   #16

Hi Bob/Ken,

After having a chance to take a look at the photos of your significant others, i can well see why you guys are quitehappy. .............. and you two "old fossils" have aged pretty well yourselves. I hope that I can look as good when I get there.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:51 PM   #17

dlpin wrote:
Quote:
I've been really tempted to buy these lenses, but I simply haven't been able to convince myself, seen as I haven't had the time to even fully explore what I have now (the 2 kit lens and the 35mm macro) fully.
Hi,

IMHO the 2 kit lenses are quite good as is the 35mm macro. Save your money and really get comfortable with what you have as these 3 lenses will serve you well.

With any luck, when you're ready to take the plunge and get an additional lens or two, the pricing will have lowered further.You may alsofind that your needswill havechanged and you'll actually want a different lens for an entirely different purpose.

Just my 2 cents

:|

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 4:53 PM   #18

I'll be honest gentlemen, I'm quite jealous as up here in maple-land, that lens is still retailing for between $410-$429 CDN even though our dollar is at times nearly par with the US greenback. Completely unfair that you get it for aboot $100 less.

I'll see how much shipping is from some of the US retailers but I'll likely get dinged with customs fees so I'll likely be paying the same price as walking down the street.

It's funny I see this post today as I've been contemplating selling my 18-180 and then buying the 70-300 for the past few days. I think the camera gods are taunting me.
cristovao12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:40 PM   #19

Hey Ken and Bob: I'm impressed with what distinguished looking gentlemen you both are. I hopethat 50 or60 years from now that I look so good at that age (LOL)!!!

:lol:

(I wish! I'm an "older gentleman" too, I just haven't grown up yet!!)

Take care,

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote