Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:02 AM   #1

Hi All,

Just noticed a significant price drop for the 70-300mm lens both at B&H and Adorama

New price $329.95US

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:22 AM   #2

hi Zig,
...............yep, a little bit less everywhere. I bought mine online from BuyDig June 05 @ 339$ net. The lens is now 20$ down to 318$ at BuyDig while at the 'parent' Beach Camera the lens is 329$. Free shipping from both stores

These are the stores I buy from (all my lenses to date), same company, so I use the store that is less. Some good prices on this lens presently.

Thanks for the flag up...

BTW I one of my neighbor friends mentioned that he has a 'mint' Minolta 35mm film camera and some lenses that he does not now use. I did not ask Brent about if he wants rid of the stuff, now I am wondering if he has one or more of those RARE types of good lenses y'all been talking about. I'm gonna ask him the what he has the next time I see him.

HOT again here today............
____
boBB

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:23 PM   #3

Guess what...!!!!!????

I ordered it from Willoughby's for $319..It'll be here Monday.

My wife, bless her litte cotton socks, "forced" me to order it. She couldn't stand a grown 6'-2' 220 lb man? whine about you guys and your photo's with that lens.

Actually we had a garage sale last weekend and made more than we thought we would. Got rid of a lot of gun stuff I hadn't used in years.The lenswas still at her insistance though.

Beautiful weather here yesterday, low 80's. Picked up a nice breeze in the afternoon so we had afantastic time sailing and watching the sunset. No camera of course, I not confident about keeping the camera safe on board. It's a light boat and things crash around at times...Soon though!

Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:40 PM   #4

........Ken,

I know what you mean, Bonnie & I have been married 45 years and I've gotten used to her insistence 'to getit' once I start laying out a plan that sometimes includes explaining on a subject until she says, "ok, and now let's talk about something else, like her 3-day shopping trip over the last weekend (with 2-nights at a Bed & Breakfast Inn) with daughter and granddaughter........

We usually make some kind of tradeoff without acknowledging it as such. Which of course means the camera stuff costs me about twice what I paid for it when all is said and done. That is why I have to shop bargain pricing.

Glad you got it coming .. anxious to see the proofs. That is a nice picture too, is the subject boat yours?
____
boBB
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:01 PM   #5

Yeh But what would we do without them...??? :-)

Yes my boat, the good ship 'Scally' a San Juan 7.7 (26 ft) I rescued it from a car lot where it had sat for 6 years. The guy had stripped it out planning to redo the interior. I made him a rediculess offer and the bastid said yes! It's still stripped out but Ipainted it white and clean inside. Great boat to sail though. All tied up to a 'Home Depot' pink bucket there and chained to some concrete blocks I put down.

I wasn't happy with the photo and wasn't going to post it but what the hey! Got a lot of blue cast to it, either my big thumb hit the WB button...again. (I do that too often.) Or it's the CP I bought..I'll experiment.

Wonder how this wil look with the 70-300.....

Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:22 PM   #6

....my brother-in-law had a 27' Venture in Newport Beach, CA when we lived there many years ago. My only times sailing, we would go across to Catalina island and around, what fun, just extreme pleasure as opposed to power boating, although the power was great FUN too. I always wanted to do a 'Cigarette' run but never did.

With the 70-300, I am betting like you, look...............
Old Aug 8, 2008, 3:27 PM   #7

Hey Ken,

Congrats on getting the 70-300mm. Hope you have as much fun with it as I do mine.

Hope you post a few pics.

BTW, seriously nice sailing vessel.

Zig
Old Aug 8, 2008, 3:32 PM   #8

pgmCoder wrote:
Quote:
........Ken,

I know what you mean, Bonnie & I have been married 45 years and I've gotten used to her insistence 'to getit' once I start laying out a plan that sometimes includes explaining on a subject until she says, "ok, and now let's talk about something else, like her 3-day shopping trip over the last weekend (with 2-nights at a Bed & Breakfast Inn) with daughter and granddaughter........

boBB
Hi Bob,

you forgot to say married 45 "wonderful" years:-).

My wife and I have been together 39 marvelous years. and time flies doesn't it.

Zig

Old Aug 8, 2008, 5:05 PM   #9

Zig,
........they have been 'wonderful' years and right now are the best of the lot! We are hoping for a whole bunch more years and I'm planning more Olympus things.

Hey Ken, .........darn, you edited the purchase price! I was about to order another 1 or 2 lenses to put on eBay. I did not want to say anything out loud, but I was ready to go look for'em.
____
thanks, boBB

Attached Images

Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:04 PM   #10

Yes, I caught my price mistake when I posted my reply to you....Surprised you didn't get me on it..... Or perhaps you believed me..:-)

I've been married 48 years....to 3 different ladies..! Once with a Liverpool Lady who wanteed to stay in NZ. Then we don'ttalk about the California one..!
Married to Sharon for 30 years T O D A Y ! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun and we seriously do.

Thanks Ziggy, I just hope my picscome out as well as yours.

while we're doing 'show and tell' Here's a pic I took a series off for our biz card (yes, we've worked together for 30 years as well) You know the drill, stand against that wall, set the self timer for 12 secs (no remote fitting on the 500) and run..! It took longer than we planned because of the giggles.

Yes I can still laugh, even when I was told I was 70 this year. I called BS first then I realised I only have 30 good years left. So we'll retire soon and enjoy life.
Attached Images