Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:39 AM   #1

Ken, ......did you get it? Show us some takes.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:10 PM   #2

and we do not want excuses like

"I had to work today"
"It was raining"
:-)
signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:16 PM   #3

In the mean-time, here's one I just shot this weekend with mine(!)...mom and dad's new puppy, Kramer..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:51 PM   #4

....PRINT 16x20 to a board and put it in Kramer's quarters

THAT IS PRETTY !!!!! and a good photo too
Old Aug 11, 2008, 4:01 PM   #5

Hi Greg,

Wow, nothing like putting some pressure on the guy.............

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 8:47 PM   #6

"I had to work today"
"It was raining"
:-)

Got home "From work" a short while ago, Sharon was waiting with a 'box' in her hand...! She's as bad as you guys..:-) "Go and take some photos" Was the order..!

Before I did that I had to check to see if some docs had come in on the computer for work, then from there I had to look to see if anything new had come up on the board. Saw this thread and laughed out aloud. Too funny, no pressure here. Not even from Kramer. (Almost like a dog...Innee) Cute bugger, nice pic.

Anyway, I stuck on the lens, set the speed for 1000 and theISO at 200. Sat in a chair on the deck....realised I was waaay too close so slid the chair back....and the left back leg"broke off"....Whoohoo!!! Wasn't that special?

Recomposed myself and the camera then took a few shots from the deck. First ones of the flowers.....(Greg doesn't have to worry about competition here) then a couple more from the deck.

So, without further ado, let me present....
a crysanthemum!

No PP just sized down for speed on loading

Then I went to .... another crysanthemum.

Icropped that last shot for composition.

This is an old bird nesting box...you recognised it HUH!!!! I made it some 20 years ago. Complete with BB hole when I was mad at a crow. It's used by sparrows and swallows every year.

Lastly is one off the deck across Saratoga Passage (approx 2 1/2 -3 miles) Just a point and shoot.

Not great photography but a little bit of fun. I can see that there's a lot to learn about this lens but it's going to be a pleasure. Boy it does need light though dunnitt???

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:01 PM   #7

Hey Ken,

Great to see your first post with the 70-300mm. yep, it does need light. Don't be shy about increasing the ISO. That should help a bunch.

also pleased to hear you didn't break anything when the chair let loose.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:30 PM   #8

Hey Ken: Glad you got it! And impressive shooting balancing on a 3 chair with only 3 good legs!!

:G

Post some more when you get the chance!

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:52 AM   #9

..............hey, good beginning !!

As for the chair, three legs is more than plenty; you and Zig with your 'look out the back door' views. That deck view is worth a heavy duty tripod and putting a EC-2.0 in line to the 70-300.

Something to work on for an upgrade, just B4 getting a E-3 or maybe one of those Micro 4/3 machines they're talking about now.
____
Have Fun....boBB
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:40 PM   #10

Thanks guys. Well It's a start..!

I'm in work now...No, seriously.

I had to shoot back to the office last night...just as the sun was going down, strictly coincidence...he said as he grabbed the camera going out of the door. Managed to grab a few shots on my way back.

Still not what I want them to be. (Are they ever?) I'll puta coupleup whe I get back tonight. Yep it'll be late on and you guys east of here go to bed earlier than me...:-)

I took a moment and looked at them last night and was really sorry I didn't take FILTERS! out with me. It'd been a beautiful clear day but some evening haze had come in. No UV haze and no polarizer....Damn!

Still I have some time owing so Sharon and I may take our litle popup camper away soon so I can spend some time playing with them.

As for my deck. I'll sort some pics from the files that I've taken over the years and seasons.They might be interesting.
Twice now we've looked out there and seen Whales. Once a pod of Orca and once some Grey. Jumped into the car to go down the hill for a better look, and called friends along their route. No pics there though.

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote