Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 17, 2008, 3:28 AM   #1

How about that...a day down herewith a high temperature that did not make it to100 degrees.... and overcast to boot, so you could even shoot during mide-day without fear of dark shadows and unflattering light. These were taken with the E510 and 70-300...all shot RAW and processed in Olympus Studio..

One silly leaf at the bottom....but I still like the image..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:02 AM   #2

Hi Greg,

You certainly do get the best out of the E-510/70-300mm combo!!!

:|

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:44 AM   #3

Nice way to spend part of your day and with excellent results. I like them. I like the humour in the curled flowers. Is that Lavender? I tried some shots yesterday of some but the wind wasn't co-operating.

Well done.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 2:29 PM   #4

Hi Greg

Some really fine pics there .. love the versatility of the 70-300. Its pretty amazing what that lens is able to do.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:24 PM   #5

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
Nice way to spend part of your day and with excellent results. I like them. I like the humour in the curled flowers. Is that Lavender? I tried some shots yesterday of some but the wind wasn't co-operating.

Well done.
You know...I'm not sure what that is. I just came across it in walking down a path and liked the way those strands were arranged and took the picture.

I used yesterday's walk to try and use just the lens (no EX25 tube) just to see what I couldget up close. Of the images posted above, only #8 was captured with the EX25 tube fitted. Up close without the tube, DOF is still narrow, but not using the tube makes rendering the entire main subject in focusmuch easier, yet still gives you that great out of focus look to the background....I know, there's a word for that, but I think it's a stupid word, so I don't use it!
Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:37 PM   #6

Greg: So I'm not the only one who thinks that's a stupid word. I thought I was all alone in my thoughts on that. Now I don't feel so strange!

:-)

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:29 PM   #7

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
Greg: So I'm not the only one who thinks that's a stupid word. I thought I was all alone in my thoughts on that. Now I don't feel so strange!

:-)

Steve R.
Nope....and I doubt we're it(!), but it's an underground movement.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:39 PM   #8

Yes, we're old fashioned and not with the latest cool words.

I've got to admit that the first time I saw that word, I thought is was a misspelling of something. When I saw it again, I did an internet search to find it's meaning.Andwhile Iwas able to determine it's meaning, Istill think it's a clumsy word, and I avoid using it.

Steve R.

P.S: the close-up of the pollen in shot #8 is awesome. Also I would like your thoughts on internet photo sites. See the other subject on internet sites.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:13 PM   #9

Steven R wrote:
Quote:

P.S: the close-up of the pollen in shot #8 is awesome. Also I would like your thoughts on internet photo sites. See the other subject on internet sites.
Thanks. Steven.

I really like all the various sites. The only one I personally utilize, Smugmug, I like because I can pay one annual fee and have unlimited space. As long as I continue making that annual payment, no photos will be deleted. I also have the ability to set up private folders and sell photos from events like weddings, setting my own prices and Smugmug handles the entire sales process. If I did this for a living, I'd be designing, or having someoneelsedesign a site for me where I had more input in that process, but for the amount of paid work I do, this works great....to be honest, I don't want to mess with it any more than I do now.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:47 PM   #10

.....oh my, what a day and today is great too with the rain and temp change for a few days coming.

You did well with these, the 'park bench' and the river view pretty much tells the story of the day. Nice, easy day out, good job.
____
boBB

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote