Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:05 PM   #1

I am very fortunate to have both an E-3 and a E-300 dSLR by Olympus. I too am rewarded to use a 14-54 ZD lens with either. For the convenience of size, weight and features the E-300 combo is still my favorite go anywhere, anytime, quick grab it camera. I've said before that I really like the E-300 because of its attributes PLUS it feels so right when I am using it. It just keeps me-liken-it................................

I don't do flowers, birds or insects very well but during the past week in my HOA neighborhood we fixed some streets problems and I did a bit of a photo journal of the event for our HOA website gallery. The E-300 w/14-54 once again did a stellar job in making files shot direct to jpg. These are a couple samples from those very bright & HOT days. If you are bored stiff by now but want to see more of cement drying here are the other files from the event --- http://bobbrennan.smugmug.com/galler...8_U2P6q#P-1-25

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2008, 9:45 PM   #2

It is good to see they're letting someone pour asphalt somewhere else in Arlington other than over at that new football stadium!

Good documentation shots, Bob. I need to pull my E300 out of the moth balls and take it out from time to time as well. It is a very capable machine.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 8:39 AM   #3

Hi Bob,

Nice shots........... I wouldn't want to be doing that sort of work in Texas in the heat of the Summer. I took a look at your gallery and couldn't help noticing that most of the workers were looking at you wondering why you were taking photos of them. In the later shots they clearly warmed up and were much more at ease.

Having been president and now the clerk of our neighborhood association, I can appreciate all the work that goes into managing the various needs of the neighborhood. Road repair is certainly the greatest expense, at least it is here in the Northeast. Our neighborhood budget is about 40,000/year of which approx. 21,000 is allocated for road repair, maintenance, repaving.

We devoloped a website over the last 2 years in an attempt to better communicate with the homeowners. As about 40% of the homes are owned by summer residents, communicating information quickly is best handled on the internet. And since, I too like taking photos, I try to include photos wherever I can on the site. It helps to explain to those that don't live here fulltime where their annual budget dollar is going.

I'm sure the residents in your neighborhood appreciate your efforts in showing where their budget money is being spent.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 1:21 PM   #4

....yep, the guys were curious in the beginning but by noon the first day we were all on first name, 'hey ya's'. I was out there right along side them for the three days and they were starting to pose for pictures, it was fun.

I've now lived here 9 1/2 years and this was the first official streets repair we've needed done. We have 3 streets, 12 years old, the repairs were not serious in nature but were quite serious in cost of repair.

I take care of the gates & minimum security we have here. Ours is a small HOA of 65 properties plus the common area for pool, cabana.....etc. I also, maintain the website. It all keeps me busy.
____
tnx, boBB

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote