Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:36 PM   #11

Those shots all have good color, tone, and sharpness.

I would be quitepleased with that camera if it were mine.

zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:58 PM   #12

Thanks, Zig. Yes, I am quite pleased with the results I'm getting from it. Here's another good one to showcase DR...
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:59 PM   #13

As someone who cannotlead a life away from the sea, I foundyour shotsquite eye pleasing, my friend, and I'dnever get bored to see somefurther : ) Actually I liked #5 best for I could easily associate that guywith a friend of mine! You have a considerable experience in lightweight cameras such as D40 and K100D as far as I remember. You seem to be quite pleased about the DR and the resolution of your E520. I wonder how you compare the WB. Ah, sometimes when I feel tired to carry around my K10D+sigma 17-70 combo,a lightweight back up sounds to attractive
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:42 PM   #14

Thanks for your kind words, Bahadir. Good to hear from you, my friend! Indeed, the E520 is a huge improvement over the E510 in terms of DR (although the E510 produced slightly sharper images right out of the camera. As for WB, the E520 is also better, specially in the shade. It does not produce the bluish color cast I experienced with the E510. The E520 also handles high ISO much better. I'm about to post some shots taken with the E520 + Zuiko 70-300mm at ISO 800. They look good to me. You are right, I prefer smaller dSLRs. The D40 was a huge disappointment. The K100 was nice but noisy. I also bought the Sony Alpha A300 a few months back. I like the camera the exposure was totally unpredictable and the LCD is very misleading. So, I sold it and replaced with the E520, which I'm happy with.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote