Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:59 AM   #11

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
Another nice set of shots Greg.

When you decide to come and live up here we'll have to do some shoots together, got some great paces to show you, summer or winter. We don't get the extreme colds here like the NE. Just a short drive to Vancouver and a ferry ride to Vancouver Island and Victoria. With your eye for plant life you'd love Butchart Gardens.
http://www.victoriabc.ca/victoria/butchartgardens.htm

My wife has family in Texas and I haven't figured out why people live there.....:-)
This is the money side of the family though, maybe that's the reason.

Ken

And yes #2 is outstanding. Who'd a thunk an ordinary wet tree could make such a compelling photo.
LOL!

Hi Ken. I did, back in 2004, get a chance to go to Buchart Gardens when my girlfriend and I spent 13 wonderful days in Vancouver and made a day trip over to Victoria. Unfortunately, I was shooting FILM back then and have "only" prints and negatives to show for it! We will be going back.

Tomorrow, we're supposed to get tropical storm-force winds and rain from this hurricane. Should be interesting.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:15 PM   #12

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Scouse wrote:
Quote:
Another nice set of shots Greg.

When you decide to come and live up here we'll have to do some shoots together, got some great paces to show you, summer or winter. We don't get the extreme colds here like the NE. Just a short drive to Vancouver and a ferry ride to Vancouver Island and Victoria. With your eye for plant life you'd love Butchart Gardens.
http://www.victoriabc.ca/victoria/butchartgardens.htm

My wife has family in Texas and I haven't figured out why people live there.....:-)
This is the money side of the family though, maybe that's the reason.

Ken

And yes #2 is outstanding. Who'd a thunk an ordinary wet tree could make such a compelling photo.
LOL!

Hi Ken. I did, back in 2004, get a chance to go to Buchart Gardens when my girlfriend and I spent 13 wonderful days in Vancouver and made a day trip over to Victoria. Unfortunately, I was shooting FILM back then and have "only" prints and negatives to show for it! We will be going back.

Tomorrow, we're supposed to get tropical storm-force winds and rain from this hurricane. Should be interesting.
:-) Love that "Unfortunately, I was shooting FILM back then" and "Should be interesting."

Talk about English understatment....

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:08 AM   #13

Oh, these are very lovely. Im failing right now with my camera. I mean I love it, its the getting used to.

I pretty much have never had a bad thing to say about anything taken with the 70-300 lens defo one im saving for and looking forward to get
lauralei is offline   Reply With Quote