Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:02 AM   #1

I thought it would be of interest to say that my Digestive Health Doctor uses all Olympus equipment for his Colonoscopy test. These doctors only use the best!

I recently acquired a E-510 with two lenses. A relative trade them for my Sony H50 as it was easier for him to use. Good deal for me.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2008, 2:03 PM   #2

As I've said before...Olympus saved my life. A colonoscopy with Oly gear found my cancer in 2003. My latest colonoscopy with Oly gear put my past the five year survival mark and the doc says the disease will likely never return.

True story: Before my last colonoscopy, as I was lying on the table, the doc asked if I had any questions. I said, "Yeah...do you really use Olympus equipment?" He assured me that they do. He even has an Olympus poster on his office wall.
Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 5:22 PM   #3

They use an E510 for Colonoscopy tests.........:? Ooooooh!

Just joking, I noticed when I had mine done a while back.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 5:45 PM   #4

Say Scouse, you near Whidbey? Pretty country up that way.

I remember my first Olympus, the OM-1. Great Camera.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 9:46 PM   #5

Um, no need to post sample images!!! :shock:

I'm sure everyone will agree with me.

Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:36 AM   #6

jack55 wrote:
Quote:

Hi Jack, Yes we're in between Whidbey and "America" :-)Our's is a 'drive on' island though. The people with money live on the ones you need the ferries for.....

I've always been an Oly man as well. OM-1 and -2. Then I bought my wife the OM-10. Still have a sack of lenses but other than trotting them out now and then for fun I'm a lazy guy who like the newer made for auto-digi Zuiko lenses. But can't afford the realy great ones. If you follow the sagas on this board, you'll remember how I was [glow=yellow]forced[/glow] to purchace the Oly 70-300 by certain board members here.

And I still thank them .... except that I'm trying to take everything with it........
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:56 AM   #7

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
jack55 wrote:
Quote:

Hi Jack, Yes we're in between Whidbey and "America" :-)Our's is a 'drive on' island though. The people with money live on the ones you need the ferries for.....

I've always been an Oly man as well. OM-1 and -2. Then I bought my wife the OM-10. Still have a sack of lenses but other than trotting them out now and then for fun I'm a lazy guy who like the newer made for auto-digi Zuiko lenses. But can't afford the realy great ones. If you follow the sagas on this board, you'll remember how I was
Quote:
forced
Quote:
to purchace the Oly 70-300 by certain board members here.

And I still thank them .... except that I'm trying to take everything with it........
That is some pretty country you live in.

I'm saving up to get a 70-300 lens. Then I sell my current 40-150 as my main lens is a 14-42.... or should I hang onto it as to have that 40-70 range I would be missing?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:08 PM   #8

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
Scouse wrote:
Quote:
jack55 wrote:
Quote:

I've always been an Oly man as well. OM-1 and -2. Then I bought my wife the OM-10. Still have a sack of lenses but other than trotting them out now and then for fun I'm a lazy guy who like the newer made for auto-digi Zuiko lenses. But can't afford the realy great ones. If you follow the sagas on this board, you'll remember how I was
Quote:
forced
Quote:

I'm saving up to get a 70-300 lens. Then I sell my current 40-150 as my main lens is a 14-42.... or should I hang onto it as to have that 40-70 range I would be missing?
I'm thinking that I'm going to sell both the kit lenses even though I like the 14-45. Most people seem to feel that the 14-54 is a superior piece of glass. I'll give up the gap between54 & 70 for a while.

I may have to look for a 510 or 520 sometime soon. Using the 70-300 at full zoom is pretty demanding without a t'pod. I'm going to give a monopod a chance first though.

Looking forward to seeing some shots with your 510
Old Sep 12, 2008, 1:36 PM   #9

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
jack55 wrote:
Quote:
Scouse wrote:
Quote:
jack55 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
forced
Quote:

I'm thinking that I'm going to sell both the kit lenses even though I like the 14-45. Most people seem to feel that the 14-54 is a superior piece of glass. I'll give up the gap between54 & 70 for a while.

I may have to look for a 510 or 520 sometime soon. Using the 70-300 at full zoom is pretty demanding without a t'pod. I'm going to give a monopod a chance first though.

Looking forward to seeing some shots with your 510

I still use a tripod for real low light shots and a monopod the majority of the time. I'm old school and habits are hard to break.

OK, here is a picture I took last week of this goldfinch that was sunning on my rear deck. I was laying on the ground for this shot. Would have been nice to have a tilting LCD screen like my former Sony H50 had. :?

ISO 100, F/5.6, 1/180th sec, focal length: 150mm, resized at 800 pixel width.

Old Sep 12, 2008, 1:50 PM   #10

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
I still use a tripod for real low light shots and a monopod the majority of the time. I'm old school and habits are hard to break.
First, nice shot. Second - thre's no reason to break those habits - they're good habits. The internet is filled with crummy shots because people relied on anti-shake technology when it was the wrong tool for the job. Anti-shake is a great safety net but being lazy still produces poor shots. So stick to your "old habits".
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote