Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:47 AM   #1

Hi Guys and Gals

I've not posted any pics for quiet some time and thats solely been down to not having the time or good weather to shoot for the last few months.

So here's a few pics that I;ve managed to taken since August (some from a catalog shoot I was asked to do)

1. "Darkmoon" - Fashion/Catalog shoot for FGM's Summer collection

2. "Strawberrykiss" - Fashion/Catalog shoot for FGM's Summer collection

3. "The Gerkin"

4. Boat ride on the Thames

5. Ruby - taken this Tuesday after work.

All pics taken with E3+35-100F2, shot RAW and converted using CS3/ACR 4.6

Cheers

Harj

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2008, 8:15 AM   #2

........oh my!

tnx,
_________
boBBrennan
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:43 AM   #3

Harj, I've been wondering about whereyou've been...!

Yes, I've seen your posts but I've been missing your photographs. You've mergedwith beinga street tog to a really respectable fashion/portrait photographer.

Didn't know that building was known as the "gerkin"...apt!

Great fashion shots (who is FGM?) That last shot of the 'hedghog!" is pretty intense..:-)
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:00 PM   #4

Hi Bob, Scouse

I wanted to post the pics from the FGM shoot after I did the shoot (FGM is a clothing boutique in London) in July but I decided not to do so until they were happy with the pics. Since its been a few months I think its safe to do so. I hadn;t shot in studio or seriously since then, so I've been pretty rusty and when the chance came up to shoot with Ruby I decided not to turn it down.

The gerkins a cool building but I think to get the best pics of it you need the 11-22 or the 7-14. I still love streeting shooting and I think the m43 size camera's are going to be ideal, esp if theyre small and look retro in design. The E3's just a wee bit too big and even more so with the F2 for trying to be discreet on the street.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:41 PM   #5

Hi HarjTT

Great shots, are you still getting the problem with focus with the 35-70mm F2 as the boart shot looks sharp. would like to know as I think this is the next lense ill get or mabay get panasonic F1.4 each one has geat points to them, but need to wait see how money goes with this gredit debacle.
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 2:12 PM   #6

Hi Brian

The 35-100F2 is fine, i think the af issues are more with the e3 but im going to send both off to Oly to check while theyre still under warranty. Price wise there's not discount on the lens, I think the best price was from digital depot or camera world and I managed to get Park Cameras to match it. Its a wonderful bit of glass and the IQ of teh files are just wonderful - the detail is too but sometimes it just seems to be too sharp. I'd get it from the US if you can, esp if your planning a trip there otherwise get it from Parks and Oly have the £100.00 discount as well .. so you should be able to pick one up for £1400.00 or less.

Cheers

Harj

Old Oct 15, 2008, 8:12 AM   #7

WOW!

I'll take one of the strawberry kiss!!!!!
outdoorsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:28 AM   #8

Hey Harj,

It's a pleasure to see you posting your photos again.... It's been too long a time since the last time.

And, with all due respect to all who have posted photos of bugs, spiders, and such, I find your subject matter quite a bit more appealing.:-)

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote