Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:12 PM   #1

Not that most of us can afford to get our mitts one but here's a review of the 14-35F2 over at dc watch:

http://translate.google.com/translat...l=ja&tl=en

Once again no mention of the low light AF issue thats been reported - makes you wonder whether any of the review sites are just ignoring it.

Looking at the sample shots, they do look very good indeed but boy is it a big lens when sat next to the 14-45.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:06 AM   #2

Yes, it is huge. I played with one at Arlington Camera on my E510. I think it might be a little bigger than the 7-14, which isn't a small lens by any stretch.

I've been sufficently put off by reports and the little bit of zigging it did on my camera in the store to where it's off my radar, at least, until we see something from Olympus about a fix for the issue.

My main issue now that I picked up the 12-60 to go with the 70-300 is the processing end....I need a new computer. My girlfriend picked up a beautiful 20 inch iMac this past weekend and I now want one. Of course, I want one with 4GB of RAM vs. the 2GB version she purchased, and her's, with all the extra's she picked up came to $1,800US.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 1:57 PM   #3

Hi Greg

Havign looked at the image samples from the lens, it definitely looks as good as the 35-100F2 IQ wise. Regards it size, i think its a big beastie but I think I'd be able to live with it just for quality of the files. However, like yourself I need a new computer ( another mac would be fine, but Dell are doing some seriously fine deals on Quad C2d's) and more importantly Oly really need to address the AF issues that the lens clearly has, esp for the $$$$ that theyre charging for it - defintitely should be less than between $1500-$2000.

I'm stilll really puzzlled as to why none of the review sites have noticed it, esp SLR gear.com and the shots in that review, although there does seem to be enough light and contrast in the scenes for the tog to not notice it.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote