Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:55 AM   #1

Last nights stunning come from behind victory by the Red Sox prompted meto take a look at some of the photos I took whenI was at a recent game at Fenway Park. So, herea few more that I thought were interesting. And yes, to all you Devil Ray fans out there, the Rays will most likely win the series at home but I can gloat for a day or two.

the red seat circled marks the longest home run ever hit at Fenway Park in 1946 by Ted Williams -esteimated at 525 to 535ft

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:31 AM   #2

I was telling cats you can not count out the Sox!

Go Boston

:ideah yeah nice pic
signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:44 PM   #3

Awe, Zig....when I saw this, I thought you were going to say you were there last night!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 1:42 PM   #4

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Awe, Zig....when I saw this, I thought you were going to say you were there last night!
God.......do I wish!!!

Spoke to a friend of mine this morning. He told me that he had tickets to last night's game but didn't go as he didn't think they'd win. what makes it all the more irritating is that his seats were in the6th row behind the visitor's dugout....Ouchhhh!!!!

Old Oct 17, 2008, 4:26 PM   #5

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
God.......do I wish!!!

Spoke to a friend of mine this morning. He told me that he had tickets to last night's game but didn't go as he didn't think they'd win. what makes it all the more irritating is that his seats were in the6th row behind the visitor's dugout....Ouchhhh!!!!

That is the definition of "discretionary income", knowing what they probably paid for those seats. A TRUE friend would have called and given those to you!

I didn't see an empty seat in the place until that last two-rundouble by Uptonput TB up 7-0 in the 7th and some people started leaving. Those are the ones who werereally kicking themselves this morning.

No matter when it was, I'm still jealous you've been able to get there and I have not.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:31 PM   #6

signalsoldier wrote:
Quote:
I was telling cats you can not count out the Sox!

Truth be told, I left the room when the Rays went up 7-0 as my gut was tied up in knots. My wife, who is a fanatic, stayed to watch. She went nuts when the Sox scored 4runs in the 7th and I had to go to the living room to see what all the commotion was about.

She is the true fan.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 9:49 PM   #7

Hey Zig: There is no "Devil Rays"; their name is the Tampa Bay Rays. They changed their name last year. Go Rays!

:-)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 5:32 AM   #8

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
Hey Zig: There is no "Devil Rays"; their name is the Tampa Bay Rays. They changed their name last year. Go Rays!

:-)
Hi Steven,

Thanks for pointing out the team's correct name.

PSSST............Go Sox
Old Nov 6, 2008, 5:03 PM   #9

Zig,

I was just in an elevatorriding up to the 8th floor where my office is. It has one of those television screens that shows news storiesof the day. One of the stories it showed was the Red Sox are adding 569 seats at Fenway for next year....I wonder where?!
Old Nov 6, 2008, 8:24 PM   #10

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Zig,

I was just in an elevatorriding up to the 8th floor where my office is. It has one of those television screens that shows news storiesof the day. One of the stories it showed was the Red Sox are adding 569 seats at Fenway for next year....I wonder where?!

Hi Greg,

Good catch....I hadn't heard that as yet. I did go on the Sox' website and here is the article detailing the improvements:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/pr...p&c_id=bos

Sounds like you need to make a road trip to see the Rangers play the Sox!:-)The Rangers are in Boston for a 3 game visit June 5, 6, 7th.

Zig