Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 18, 2008, 4:00 PM   #1

e1/zeiss zf 85 1.4

gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2008, 7:29 PM   #2

Third picture takes the contest!
signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 8:00 PM   #3

hey ss. ok then, heres another

my last trinitron monitor gave up the ghost, so im using a sorry old lcd with not so good color. hope they dont look too bad :O
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:29 PM   #4

........very nice photos, I like all of them and commend you for your skill in combining the SP in the picture, is that really you?

When my trinitron monitor finally quit, I had my son lift the 60 lb. monstor off the desk and thought I would never find a suitable replacement. BUT, take a look at the HP w2207 & HP w2407 widescreen monitors. I would not trade my HP w2207 for a new of the old 19" trinitron crt like I had though it was the best of any at the time.

I did not think I would ever like the 'glossy' faced monitors but now after 6 months I never pay attention to that...... luvit.
____
boBB

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2008, 1:27 PM   #5

thanks. i've heard good things about HP w2207 & HP w2407. looks like the way to go. good price relatively speaking, but still having a hard time with thatcost for a monitor
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:54 AM   #6

Hi G,

These days, thereseems to be so much pixel peepinggoing on and demand for cameras with more megapixels. The E-1/Zeiss combination of yours really produces some great images and is a reminder what can be done with a good camera and lens in the right hands.

Great candid shots of a pretty young girl...Oh, and the tree is nice too.:-)

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:28 PM   #7

thanks zig. i do the best i can with what i got, i just dont have much to work with :?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:30 PM   #8

great shots. can I come in with a newbie question?

zeiss zf, is that a zeiss with a nikon mount? do you use it with an e1? is there an adapter for that? etc, etc, etc?

thanks.

edit: sorry I posted that before researching it on the web. seems like you can meter with an adapter, right? I didn't think that was possible. I guess AF is still not as easy when there's no "split-circle" in the middle to help you get it straight, but still should be fun being able to use those old beauties in aperture priority
kezs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:47 PM   #9

kezs wrote:
Quote:
zeiss zf, is that a zeiss with a nikon mount? do you use it with an e1? is there an adapter for that? etc, etc, etc?

sure kezs,

yep - yep - yep. im amanual lens nut & use mostly old 35mm lenses and the current zeiss zf 50 & 85. but if you dont have any experiance in this area, i wouldnt advise investing much unless you have a e1 or e3. the viewfinders in the other oly's arent designed/calibrated/sized for manual focus.

you can do it maybe kinda, but its not much fun

edit: yes, i really enjoy using the old glass. i probably have 40 or so primes between a 21mm rokkor & a leica 700mm setup. and a few classics that hold up great on digital. makes the process much more interesting for me.

so i can go from this:

to this:

and these are fun

Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:12 PM   #10

hey kez, theres a number of sources for split prism screens for oly's. mainly ebay & katzeye.