Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:18 PM   #11

........hey Zig,

I thought of these pictures, particularly the rods/reels, yesterday when I stopped by our local Orvis retail store. I believe I saw some of the same reels, the gold color anodized ones for sure, though perhaps just branded to Orvis.
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:45 PM   #12

pgmCoder wrote:
Quote:
........hey Zig,

I thought of these pictures, particularly the rods/reels, yesterday when I stopped by our local Orvis retail store. I believe I saw some of the same reels, the gold color anodized ones for sure, though perhaps just branded to Orvis.
____
boBB
Hey Bob,

It's good to hear from you. I was beginning to wonder about you as it seemed you were down in the dumps in your last post.

As for Orvis......the world certainly has changed. I can remember when they only had their original store in Manchester VT. I used to stop there in my first life as a sales rep. As a fly fisherman, Orvis along with LL Bean were the places to go if you wanted to buy a rod or a reel and a few flies. Of course, if you lived in the midwest, Herter's was the only game in town.

Now, both Orvis and LL Bean have stores spread around the country. They are still great companies-just different. I must be old becauseI liked it better back then.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 6:47 PM   #13

I just love that second shot, Zig (all others are very nice as well). It deserves to be enlarged and nicely framed
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 7:48 PM   #14

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
I just love that second shot, Zig (all others are very nice as well). It deserves to be enlarged and nicely framed
Hi Tullio,

Thanks. Actually, this shot, taken the same day,strikes a cord with me and is hanging in my family room.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:27 PM   #15

#2 is still my fav. I like the rich fall colors and composition.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote