Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:50 AM   #1

I picked up a Konica Hexanon135mm f3.5 lens at an estate sale over the summer and took a few shots with it at that time. I really haven't had much opportunity 'till now to mess with it again. I decided to pull it out and take a few quick shots with it and the following are my results. :

This last one I took in July shortly after buying it.

I compared the results with some of the shots I took using an OM 135mm f3.5 lens and have to admit, the Konica images are more appealing to me, having better color in the out-of-focus background.

Just an FYI, there is no adapter available. You basically have to shim the bayonet mount in the back and front . For those interested, the instructions are on the web.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:29 AM   #2

Those are some nice pics...the depth of field on the first image was spot on.

On another note I tell people all the time that you can get some nice images from manual focus lenses or lenses other than the manufacturer of your camera. Thanks to the suggestions of the team here I have had so much fun with my Vivitar and Soligor manual focus glass and have gotten some great shots with them
signalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 1:08 PM   #3

signalsoldier wrote:
Quote:
Those are some nice pics...the depth of field on the first image was spot on.

On another note I tell people all the time that you can get some nice images from manual focus lenses or lenses other than the manufacturer of your camera. Thanks to the suggestions of the team here I have had so much fun with my Vivitar and Soligor manual focus glass and have gotten some great shots with them
Thanks SS and I know how you feel about using an old style manual focus lens.

I seem to have a love-hate relationship with these legacy lenses. On the one hand, the ZD digital lenses that Oly builds are just so easy to use and all (at least the ones that I own) produce sharp images. Clearly, I love using them.

But, I've also got a number of OM lenses as well as 3 Konica Hexanon lenses just sitting on the shelf in the closet. Ever once in a while, I just want to use my camera as I did my old 35mm SLR in total manual mode. They are, at times, frustrating to use as I have focusing issues but you get some really interesting results.

And, even though, I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore non digital lenses, last week at an estate sale, I picked up a Vivitar 75-205mm f3.8 close focusing lens with a Canon FD mount. It was sitting there with a pristine lens case priced at 10bucks. I couldn't resist.

I must be nuts 'cause a Canon FD to 4/3 adapter is about 50bucks:?:?

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 6:44 PM   #4

Well done, Zig. I like the first, the rich colors of the third and the textures of the stones best. Focus is a bit soft on the second shot.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote