Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 11, 2008, 6:44 PM   #1

From zig's earlier post, i came across an Oly Pro Photo Diary site, where 5 or 6 Pro's have been using E3/E410/510

http://www.olympus-esystem.com/dea/s...prophotodiary/

Some pretty cool shots there and its good to see that there are some pro's still using the E system.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:10 PM   #2

Harj-

I am sorry to say that I could not get the link to work.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:26 PM   #3

Hi Harj,

Thanx for pointing out this pro gallery link. It did take a while for it to load on my PC so I understand why Sarah may have had an issue.

I took a look at a German fellow's gallery because he was using an e-510. the IQ was amazing. Then I took a look at the glass he was using. A 50-200mm , 90-250mm, and a 150mm. Yikes, small wonder his shots were so sharp. That's some serious investment.

I did finally break down this week and ordered a 50-200mm f2.8 ZD lens. It's used but sounds like it's in EX+ shape. Can't wait to get my hands on it. After the dust settles, I'm planning on getting the EC-14 converter.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:42 PM   #4

Zig and Harj-

Harj-

I had to wait a bit but I did indeed get the link to work. I apologize. After I read zig's post I realized that I was being impatient.

Zig-

Congratulations on the 50-200mm lens! It Really is a great lens. I got mine cheap because it had no tripod brace/socket, but you will love that lens. It really is a "wow" type of lens.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 8:43 PM   #5

Hi Sarah

i should have put a note on the original post - OLy's Pro sites just use way too much Flash for me - i'd rather the first page loads real fast but hey thats just me.

Zig, congrats on the 50-200, I think you'll find it a really fab lens and all of the pics posted on all of teh forums show that its capable of some print impressive results.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 8:59 PM   #6

Hi HarjTT: Thanks for the link; some great shots. Interesting work from the pros.

(I have high speed fiber optic cable, so my link loaded fast, but I can see that slower links may have some trouble with that site.)

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 9:27 PM   #7

............worked fine for me, but I am too impatient to stay tuned to those kinds of presentations for long. As Harj said, "too much flash" but the photos are so good it is worth seeing some of the work from different the photographers.

Thanks for the link Harj.

Zig, you will really enjoy the 50-200
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote