Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 21, 2008, 8:42 PM   #1

Hi All

I haven't been shooting for several months, esp in studio but last month I managed to get back to work on my own projects. Here's a few pics from the shoots - none of the images have be retouched just yet (in cam jpegs just resized for the web):

I go to work with three wonderful models, Lucy and Laura I;d worked with before and for the first time with Marina. MUA/Hair - Selena Makeup Diva.

Nov 2008: Laura N

4. Dec 2008 Lucie V:

5. Marina

6. marina:

All with the E3 + 35-100F2, and occassionally with the 14-54ZD. I started to use a new background paper colour - editorial grey which is really cool - it canb be shot as white, and by just turning off one or two lights will change to grey and go to black.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:39 PM   #2

Wow, I cansee the pours on Lucie's face in #4. Lucky guy, with so many beautiful models. although I bet Laura N.'s eye makeup bill is stunning:G.

That 35-100 f2 is *stunning* itself...so sharp it hurts.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:02 PM   #3

Hi HarjTT

Good to see some of ur stuff again, Great job as useall. Always good to see olympus equipment used proffesionally. Had a chance to take some photos myself have a look.
with E3 and 12-60mm

Attached Images

Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:05 PM   #4

Just another one
Attached Images

Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:14 AM   #5

WOW!!!!!

What else is there to say except that I agree with Greg re: shot 4.

The image is so sharp that I candifferentiateLucie's real eyelashes from the false eyelashes.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:34 PM   #6

Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments on the pic. I was pretty aprehensive after 2.5months of not really shooting be it in studio or outside on the street. I was lucky in that I found a really good MUA and as always Adrian whose studio that I use is really helpfull in helping out.

Brian, I like both shots and esp the second portrait shot which is just fab and good choice of filename! The lighting in both are pretty cool and No2. as a B&W really works. How do you find the 12-60's when doing these kinds of shots? No 2 looks pretty sharp to me and I like the models eye contact - nice hair too! On a slightly different note check out modelmayhem as well, it'll help with building contacts (models, mua's, etc) and I'm there too!

Greg, Zig No 4 of Lucy was shot as a Med Res (modified so that the files are approx to the res of a 7-8MP cam and at normal quality) by accident but the detail in the files is still amazing . The 35-100 F2 is seriously too good and it constantly makes me want to get the 14-35F2 but the price, size (darn its a big beastie for a 28-70) and more importantly the AF issues that the lens means there is no way I will bite the bullet even if I was getting paid to shoot. In the meantime I'll crack on with the 35-100.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote