Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:21 PM   #11

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
The better thing to do with these higher resolution camerastodaymay be to just shoot at 200mm and crop the image down to get closer.
Well said. My frustration since getting this lens is that the weather, here in the Northeast, has been down right lousy. It's been raining, snowing or just plain bitter cold the last 3 weeks.

I keep looking for birds and critters around the backyard hoping to catch something interesting to take a photo of. No such luck.

I've taken enough photos of my wife to the point that, as soon as I come walking into a room with the camera in my hands, she immediately barks out: stay away from me with that!

I can't wait for Spring Training. Position players report this year on Feb 17th!!!

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:52 PM   #12

.....hi Zig,

Greg had a beautiful weekend to be the Cotton Bowl but today is just short of your stuff. It is raining and FREEZing in some places around here today, in the low & lower 30s.

Glad you have the 50-200, it is so good. I too have wanted to try the EC-14 but just cannot justify the cost of the thing so cropping is always in my bag of PP and I've not been disappointed. I'm perking my interest toward a grip for the E-3 which I may or may not use much.......at least it costs less than the EC-14 but probably will fall into the same usage level bag.

You mentioned focus speed earlier, on my E-3 I do notice the 50-200 faster to focus than on my E-300 but then all my lenses are quicker on the E-3 however not at all like the SWD lenses I've tried at the store.

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:33 PM   #13

Hi Bob,

Thanks forconfriming the AFspeed differences between the E-3 and the other E-XXX cams. Generally, this will not be an issue using the E-510 and the 50-200. I've been playing around with it quite a bit and find that if you prefocus the lens close to the area you want it to be, the final focus is exquisitely fast. It's really a pleasure to use. It's only when I start thinking about shooting birds in flight that I think that it will become a factor. I haven't tried as yet since the lighting has been so poor around here lately, that I haven't bothered trying.

The lens IQ is really impressive though. I'm very happy to have been able to get it and am looking forward to using it a lot in the coming months.

Good luck gettingthe grip for the E-3. Something you'll most likely get more use out of as opposed to the teleconverter.

Hope to see some baseballshots from Grace Prep Acadamy in the coming weeks.

Ziig

Old Jan 5, 2009, 8:48 PM   #14

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
I've taken enough photos of my wife to the point that, as soon as I come walking into a room with the camera in my hands, she immediately barks out: stay away from me with that!
Well look at the bright side, Zig. At least she's referring to your camera.

(grin)

Ted

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2009, 7:52 AM   #15

Hi Ted............................:lol:
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:33 AM   #16

Hoddy Toddy. gosh awl' mighty...
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote