Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:29 PM   #1

A little cool, but this was a great day to be by White Rock Lake at the Arboretum.

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/galler...75167231_2vg8S

I always thought a *small place* on the lake would be nice..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:56 AM   #2

...............yes, it obviously was a good day.

With the E-520 direct to JPG photos you've been showing I suspect these RAW files were pretty much just a batch conversion.

All are very nice, but this is my favorite of the bunch. All the color is exciting to see but this stand of Crepe Myrtle is great, a lot going on here.

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:46 AM   #3

You would be exactly right, Bob. Not much of any adjustments were made prior to just converting the batch. I also converted a setto DNG to play with them using Adobe Camera RAW, but I'm not seeing much of a difference so far, and the in-camera JPEG's look just as good as these conversions from the ORF files. I have a new Dell XPS Studio desktop coming in (hopefully)a couple of weeks and I'll finally be able to update Photoshop from CS2 where I'm stuck right now and not have to fool with that DNG converter again, at least for a while.

Yes, those Crepe Myrtles are at the entrance to the back-side of the Arboretum and they are beautiful. I had to go back a couple of times to finally catch that area with no one around.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2009, 4:38 AM   #4

Greg,

You doing great with the E520, and the photos of the florals make me feel like spring is on its way......

BUT

We are expecting 4-8 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow and cabin fever is setting in.

Just looking forward to spring. I just pushed the "buy now" button on the 35 macro and a Canon 250D in hopes the bugs will come out soon. I'd guess another month or month and a half and I'll be about where you are now weather wise.

Keep up the good work!

Greg (the northern one)
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2009, 4:23 PM   #5

you and the E-520 continue to produce great results. All are great images but I really like the first soht of the yellow flowers, just don't know what they are. And I agree with Bob, that Cape myrtle photo is quite nice.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 1:54 PM   #6

Oh, yellow being my favoirite colour, I'm struck very early...by the first picture, which has been a great treatI should also add that I felt as if the bud in #3 knocked on my screen asI was rolling down!!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 7:16 PM   #7

All are super, but I have to vote for number 3. Great capture of not only the texture of the petal, but also the fuzz at the bottom of the blossom.

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote