Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:35 AM   #1

Hi Guys: Okay, I'll admit I may have been envious of Greg's flower photos with the Ex25, 50-200,and those white tulips close-ups,etc. What's a poor boy to do. So on Saturday, taking my lowly 40-150mm, I went out and played tourist; decided to concentrate on my favorite funny bird: the pelican. So even though I can't get the extreme close ups like the rest of you, I challenge you to come up with closer shots of pelicans where you live. LOL!!

Seriously, it happened to be a great day for shooting, sunny with a clear Florida sky and birds that cooperated. (Probably trained by the Chamber of Commerce,) Thought I would share some with you.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:42 AM   #2

Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:46 AM   #3

Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:04 AM   #4

Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:37 AM   #5

The 40-150 kit lens is quite excellent. It even works great with the EX25 tube, but you've gotten some excellent shots here. A couple of these you had to be pretty darn close, and the detail is quite good.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 8:45 AM   #6

Hi Steven,

Another series of photos showing just how good that 40-150mm actually is. That first image is an eye opener

And I'm extremely jealous as the weather looks just great and WARM too!!

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 6:35 PM   #7

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Steven,

Another series of photos showing just how good that 40-150mm actually is. That first image is an eye opener

And I'm extremely jealous as the weather looks just great and WARM too!!

Actually zig, even though it was sunny, it was only in the low-mid 60s. You could easily tell the locals from the snowbirds. I was walking around in blue jeans and a leather jacket. All the tourists were walking around in shorts and t-shirts!!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:00 PM   #8

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
zig-123 wrote: Actually zig, even though it was sunny, it was only in the low-mid 60s. You could easily tell the locals from the snowbirds. I was walking around in blue jeans and a leather jacket. All the tourists were walking around in shorts and t-shirts!!
I had to fire up the old snow blower and remove 6" of snow from the driveway today.

You could tell the tourists because they were all visiting you in Florada, along with anyone else that had the sense to steer clear of the northern states:-)

Greg (the northern one)
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:11 PM   #9

Hi Northern Greg: I can understand. I have worked in about 38 of the 50 states, including both summer and winter gigs in Wisconsin. I remember the people as being very nice, but Idefinitely enjoyed being there better in the summer than in the winter. This old southern boy had a hard time with the winter there, but did enjoy some great restaurants and lots of different cheese. I remember one place in Madison that in addition to the regular salad bar, had a long table of big blocks of different cheese. It means that you are full even before the steaks arrive!

If I lived there I would probably put on 25 pounds every winter; I would be too cold to get any exercise other than eat!! LOL.

Steven R.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:36 PM   #10

Hi Steve

Now those are pretty impressive, esp with the kit 40-150 ! The first pic is just great .. love that head on look he or shes giving u! Great colour and sharpness in all of those. Wish we had pelicans dropping in like that here in London.

Cheers

Harj

:G :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote