Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:09 AM   #1

Much has been written relative to noise being prevelant in the Eseries cameras at any ISO setting above 400. I just took a few photos this morning of some unexpected visitors to the feeder this morning.Due to the lousy weather today with overcast and rainy conditions, the lighting is not so hot. In order to get any decent shots, I used an ISO of 800. Here are a few samples with no adjustments done for noise removal. I did adjust the sharpness because my default sharpness setting on the E-510 is -2. I also cropped the image to remove unwanted area. No other clean up was done to the images.

Given the conditions, these jpegs straight out of the camera at ISO800 with no Neat Image filtering are pretty acceptable to me.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:55 AM   #2

Cardinals are beautiful. There's a "couple" like thisthat stay in the vacinity of my girfriend's back yard, but there's no good setup there for me to do much bird photography. These ISO 800 images do indeed look very good.

Looks like rain up there. We could use more of that...without the tornados, butit looks like West Texas is coming for a visit today. With high winds from that direction sand will probably be everywhere later.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:23 PM   #3

Hi Greg,

We may get a lot of foul weather up here in the Northeast. But, the one thing we don't get up here are Tornados. And I'm certainly not missing them. As for the rain, we need it as I just spread some spring time fertilizer on the lawn yesterday. Speaking of Spring, I'm still hoping we get some here. We've yet to experience anything close to Spring time temperatures as yet.

I keep waiting to see some flowers popping up. As yet, nothing, nada, zippo.

Zig
Old Apr 3, 2009, 2:43 PM   #4

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of Spring, I'm still hoping we get some here. We've yet to experience anything close to Spring time temperatures as yet.

I keep waiting to see some flowers popping up. As yet, nothing, nada, zippo.

Zig
It's gotta be on the horizon...the major leaguebaseball regular season is upon us! The Rangers' home opener is this Monday.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:22 AM   #5

Hi Greg,

Yes, It's time for Baseball!! The Sox open their season against the Tampa Rays at home on Monday.

Game time weather forcast call for showers and thunderstorms with winds between 25-30mph and temperature around 50-55. Sounds like a normal Spring day in the Northeast.:?:?

Zig