Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:50 PM   #1

Last weekend we got a couple inches of snow. I came home from the vet to find a few of these around their housing. It set me scrambling to get the houses cleaned up for the year.

E-3/50-200/EC-14

The bad news is we..... You guessed it..... Are expecting a few more inches of snow tomorrow:sad:

fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2009, 3:09 PM   #2

Nope it'sNOT Spring around here, yet!!!

Greg (from Texas) keeps posting images of flowers in Bloom all over the state of Texas.

Best I can do is show a few Day Lilyshoots sprouting from the ground.

Nothing to see here yet. Although, there are sure signs of warmer weather coming. A couple of nesting pairs of Ospreys have moved into their summer homes in the last weeK. And the Goldfinches have begun to get their bright gold feathers to show. As an example:

BTW, nice shots. The EC-14 is next on my list as I find the 50-200mm is on my camera about 90% of the time these days.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 4:01 PM   #3

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Nope it'sNOT Spring around here, yet!!!

Here's a couple from last weekend. We were supposed to get 6-10+ inches, but ended up with two.

On Saturday (before the snow, a bit of sleet on his head) Dox had a close encounter with a Muskrat. I'm sure he just wanted a sniff, but got a nasty bite:shock:

Monkeying around trying to switch to Xd (forgot to delete images from the CF a couple times) I lost the -.3 ev setting and scortched the white on his nose.

Anyway, there is a bit of green here and there, and it won't be long.

Greg
Old Apr 4, 2009, 4:40 PM   #4

Dox looks like a pretty happy dog in the first 2 shots:-).............Not so happy in the 3rd.

Sounds like Winter is making it's last sweep around the country in the next week. Your weather is expected to arrive here on Mon-Tue. But in the form of rain for the most part.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:22 PM   #5

That is a gorgeous dog, Greg....except for the blood, of course. He doesn't look like he would have done anything but sniff.

You guys keep the snow up there.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:09 AM   #6

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Dox looks like a pretty happy dog in the first 2 shots:-).............Not so happy in the 3rd.

Sounds like Winter is making it's last sweep around the country in the next week. Your weather is expected to arrive here on Mon-Tue. But in the form of rain for the most part.

Zig
Wow, We barely got ay precip out of tha system. Pretty cold right now, but I can live with that a bit.

The only reason Dox isn't happy is I'm making him sit for a pic. I never heard a yelp and he wanted to go back when I let him go again.

Greg
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:13 AM   #7

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
That is a gorgeous dog, Greg....except for the blood, of course. He doesn't look like he would have done anything but sniff.

You guys keep the snow up there.
Dox doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I wouldn't put it by him to pick the critter up and deliver the upset rodent directly to me.

In that case, the blood may have been mine!!

Greg (the northern one that got NO snow:?)