Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:08 PM   #11

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Just what kind of a car do you think I own?? .......................with the pricing of used Ford Explorers being what they arethese days, I'd be lucky to get enough money to pick up the 35-100mm.
Hi, Zig

My wife has an older Jeep Grand Cherokee that she loves but guzzles gas. She wants to be socially responsible and get a Jeep hybrid. But it's long been paid for, and contrary to the reputation of those cars, has required very little maintenance with 200,000 miles on it. I want to be socially responsible too, but I just can't make the numbers work for trading it in (grin). So I hear you...

Ted

PS: I do realize that I am very fortunate to actually have the Leica. I bought it, used only once LNIB, on eBay for the current retail price. At the time I was wondering if that was a good deal but over time I'm glad I did.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 11:27 AM   #12

tkurkowski wrote:
Quote:
PS: I do realize that I am very fortunate to actually have the Leica. I bought it, used only once LNIB, on eBay for the current retail price. At the time I was wondering if that was a good deal but over time I'm glad I did.
It definitely is true that at f/1.4 you don't get much DOF:

Attached Images

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 9:22 PM   #13

Hi Ted

I'm glad you bought up the Leica D 25mm 1.4 - its a real shame if PanaLeica stopped makign this lens as its looking to be a steal even at its current price esp if its as good as the SHG oly lenses .. you know as you have the 35-100F2. There's a couple of dealers here in the UK that are showing that they have the lens and I may go and get one if they still have them in stock.

Cheers

Harj

:O :?

PS.. Size wise the LEica D will look pretty small compared to the 14-35F2!
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 9:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
As for the 25mm f1.4, you are probably the only person on this forum that has one. BTW, the IQ of the sample image is remarkable.
Zig
nah, i've had one since they were released. did i read somewhere they're being discontinued?

i doubt i'll be getting any more lenses - hunkering down as the ruination of our economy progresses, taxes & inflation. but i think my zeiss zf 50 & 85 are more than a match for the 35-100, IQ wise. wish i could get them to harj to see what he could do.
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 1:53 PM   #15

Default ....I gotta suggestion

GW you wrote: "wish i could get them to harj to see what he could do"

Hey, I am retired, nothing but honey-dos outstanding, have a camera and a longing to see London, I kinda know Harj and given a ticket I would consider hand carrying those two pieces to Harj and helping him at the studio.

Waddya say...........
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 2:15 PM   #16

Bob,
You're a saint for being so giving of your time and offering to be away from the family in order to help out 2 fellow forum members.

(big grin)

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 2:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgmCoder View Post
GW you wrote: "wish i could get them to harj to see what he could do"
Hey, I am retired, nothing but honey-dos outstanding, have a camera and a longing to see London, I kinda know Harj and given a ticket I would consider hand carrying those two pieces to Harj and helping him at the studio.
Waddya say...........
if zig springs for the ticket, i'll go for it. btw, zigs rich & i'm sure he's good for an extra ticket for your bride. see if harj will cut loose of one of his beautiful models to bring back for me. i've got one in mind but cant remember her name. brunette. everybody wins in this deal.
Old May 15, 2009, 2:27 PM   #18

Zig,
..........because I am not a seasoned world traveler and you've just recently been to Central Park how 'bout you coming along too, show me the way to Harj's studio... we both can help him with IQ testing. On the way back to GW's to return the lenses we can maybe stop by and you can show me NYC.

What a plan, Bonnie has already said I can do this if she gets the new kitchen first.

'cmon GW, go with us.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 2:33 PM   #19

ok, i'll go to. gotta take the dogs though. we'll all stay at harj's. you all bring your grandkids.

Last edited by gwillys; May 15, 2009 at 2:35 PM.
Old May 15, 2009, 2:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgmCoder View Post
Zig,
..........because I am not a seasoned world traveler and you've just recently been to Central Park how 'bout you coming along too, show me the way to Harj's studio... we both can help him with IQ testing. On the way back to GW's to return the lenses we can maybe stop by and you can show me NYC.

What a plan, Bonnie has already said I can do this if she gets the new kitchen first.

'cmon GW, go with us.

Sounds great to me!
I can just see it now! Sort of like a Bob Hope & Bing Crosby movie
What was their classic........Oh yeah,
"On the road to Morocco"
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote