Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 2, 2009, 10:22 PM   #1

Someone I know had a horse running today at Lone Star Park, but it wasn't going to run until race #11 at approximately 6:15pm, and it was a good thing I decided to pass up on that trip as we had some huge storms this afternoon.

I decided to take advantage of the heavy overcast and make a drive to the Arboretum to see what was blooming this week, and the cloudy conditions made for wonderful colors.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2009, 10:36 PM   #2

Nice shots Greg. What is that pink-purple flower in photo number 5? I don't recognize it, but its' color is distinctive.

Steve R
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 12:15 AM   #3

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots Greg. What is that pink-purple flower in photo number 5? I don't recognize it, but its' color is distinctive.

Steve R
Thanks!

I believe#5 is Japanese Spiraea.
Old May 3, 2009, 6:05 AM   #4

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Someone I know had a horse running today at Lone Star Park, but it wasn't going to run until race #11 at approximately 6:15pm, and it was a good thing I decided to pass up on that trip as we had some huge storms this afternoon.

I decided to take advantage of the heavy overcast and make a drive to the Arboretum to see what was blooming this week, and the cloudy conditions made for wonderful colors.

Hi Greg,

Absolutely great shots. I'm jealous that your season is about 4--5 weeks ahead of ours.

As for the horse racing, I thought of you as I watched the running of the Kentucky Derby yesterday. It would have been interesting to see what your results would have been.

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 12:10 PM   #5

I see in looking at the results from Saturday at Lone Star Parkonline this morning, they stopped the racing after race 9 due to the weather. There were supposed to be 12. I am not suprised they decided not to run those last three, and my friend's horse was in #11. After about 3pm, which was about the time I was leaving the Arboretum, the conditions were sloppy and just got worse.
Old May 3, 2009, 9:18 PM   #6

Hi Greg

Some of those pics are just stunning and the park looks just fabulous . I can imagien just being able to sit down and loosing track of time looking at the womderful colours.

About the pics.. are these straight OOC or RAW PP'd pics ?

Cheers

Harj

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 10:58 PM   #7

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi Greg

Some of those pics are just stunning and the park looks just fabulous . I can imagien just being able to sit down and loosing track of time looking at the womderful colours.

About the pics.. are these straight OOC or RAW PP'd pics ?

Cheers

Harj

:O :?

Hi, HarjTT. Thanks for the comments.

I shot them RAW, processed themin Adobe Camera RAW and used Noiseware Professional to clean many of them up.

I decided to go back this afternoon, but instead of taking the 50-200, I pulled out the little 40-150 f4-5.6 kit tele lens that originally came with my E510 and used it with the EX25.

It's a little more picky about locking onto and focusing a subject with the EX25 than either the 50-200 or 70-300 Zuikos and does seem "short" at the long end after using the other two, but man is it light....and sharp enough, either with the EX25..

or without the EX25..