Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 14, 2009, 8:47 PM   #1

Default .....summer baseball, I am happy again

.........well, I am feeling a lot better now that I am feeling better and we are again playing baseball. It seems this summer is going to be truly HOT so I have to get some time right off before then. Greg C. has already told how hot it was yesterday at Lone Star Park, we were playing just 5 miles from there, HOT HOT and HOT.

The orange jerseys are giving me some fits on these bright days but thanks to Bibble Pro they become acceptable.

The day was shot AP, auto ISO, auto WB and various settings for EV adjustment.

Sometimes I get things guessed ok with the E-3, these are from the E-3 and Zuiko 50-200 non-SWD. The game galleries are here http://bobbrennan.smugmug.com/Mansfi...ars%20baseball

....removing color from the above makes a pretty nice non-color file
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:30 PM   #2

Default And well, you should be happy

Bob,
Those are really sharp and perfectly exposed images. You and Greg are really showing how wonderfully well the 50-200mm lens can capture detail.

I've yet to attend a baseball game this year. Your gallery is a pleasant reminder that I've got to see a few Cape Cod Baseball League games this year.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:31 PM   #3

That baseball park next to the horse track looks awful inviting. I'm going to have to buy a few tickets. The prices certainly are right!

All this humidity needs to burn off so "all" we are dealing with is the temperature! Pray for no more rain....at least, not this next week.

Of course, those guys you were shooting probably could have played two games in it!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:41 PM   #4

Greg, you said, "Of course, those guys you were shooting probably could have played two games in it!"

........17 years old, they are pretty tough and did play two games (two Saturday and two today).

This was a 'wood bat' tournament and this is my obligatory shot of my grandson.

For me Saturday was really tough but with the humidity down today it was not so bad............I do get to be in the dugout for all the games, I am only out when I want to be.

Zig, you gotta get to a game. The light this weekend would have worked favorably with the 70-300, next weekend we have another turnament and I may use it if the light is as bright.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2009, 7:51 AM   #5

Very nice. These shots prove that one shouldn't only take pictures at the beginning and at the end of the day. Very sharp.

Matt
mattyb is offline   Reply With Quote