Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 24, 2009, 5:02 AM   #1

Default A different sort of 'Bird in Flight'

Caught this post at Dpreview this morning. It's a series of photos from an airshow in Volkel done by a poster named Mr. Farno. The camera used is an E-620 with a 50-200mm lens.

Reason for my posting this is that there hasn't been too much in the way of images taken with the E-620 posted on this forum.

Another reason is simply that I thought it interesting to show what the E-620 can do.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=32214258

Bob, if you're out there, I also thought of you knowing how you lliked to take photos of 'old birds'

Last edited by zig-123; Jun 24, 2009 at 5:31 AM. Reason: correction
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:36 AM   #2

I think that this guy Mr. Farno is a hoaxer. Have a look at some of his previous posts on dpreview, in particular from the 3rd of March this year. I'll quote :

"Just bought a new 50D for this years up and coming airshows and wondered if anyone has tried it yet for this type of shooting especially with the 300mm f4 (just got one of those too)"

No EXIF data either, like another poster says.
mattyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 9:44 AM   #3

Default I saw that post

Supposedly Mr Farno has proven it was taken with the 620. Couldn't prove it one way or the other by me, I couldn't see it. In fact I have the 510 and can't prove it, I use Oly Master 2 and transfer keeper images to Pbase. When I post a picture everyone tells me the exif is not there ? I don't know where it's lost or why but I may try a different program to see if I can start saving the data.
Eric
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:23 PM   #4

Default thanks for the heads up.

I obviously missed the controversy surrounding the fellow.

Oh well, I've been fooled before. They are nice photos though.

Thank you both for pointing the errors of my ways.

Zig
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:45 PM   #5

Default Looks fine to me

Not sure there was a controversy except between Mr King and Mr Farno. The pictures were great no matter what camera took them. The exif data was found and if it is correct Mr Farno was telling the truth. I'm glad I'm not good enough for someone to be nasty to or to check up on me all the time : )
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharrim View Post
Not sure there was a controversy except between Mr King and Mr Farno. The pictures were great no matter what camera took them. The exif data was found and if it is correct Mr Farno was telling the truth. I'm glad I'm not good enough for someone to be nasty to or to check up on me all the time : )

Yikes!!

I had no idea when I posted this link, the controversy that was going to take place later in the morning. It does indeed appear that at least one of the images was taken with an E-620. I say that because, an original photo complete with EXIF data was indeed posted by Mr. Farno for one of the photos in his series of aviation images.

The fellas at the Olympus DSLR forum over at Dpreview generally seem to be good guys. But they do tend to get their knickers into a knot pretty quick.

And yes, you're quite right, the photos are excellent, regardless of equipment.

Zig
Old Jun 25, 2009, 4:02 AM   #7

Yes they are all good photos. For a noob like me or another potential SLR buyer, it is important to have EXIF data though. Having removed one of the pictures that had EXIF data showing the use of a Canon didn't help matters.

Anyway, thanks for posting the link zip-123.

Matt
mattyb is offline   Reply With Quote