Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:52 AM   #1

Default Regarding exif data

It would appear that some programs or sites erase or don't pass on exif data. Does anyone here know if Pbase is one of those. Here is a shot I took with the 510 and 70 300 yesterday morning. Can anyone see or find the exif data on this ??? I'm at a loss on how to get it to show.
Eric
Attached Images

eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Super Moderator

There is no exif on this image so it was most likely removed by your editing software as pbase doesn't strip it. Which software did you use?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:29 AM   #3

Default Adobe

I use Adobe CS2. I don't know how or why it strips the data. In fact I never see it anywhere from the time I download it to oly master??
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Super Moderator

If with an original photo file you right click it go properties, summary, advanced do you get exif showing up there?

I think if you are doing save for web then the exif goes but not sure as I don't use Photoshop.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:49 AM   #5

Default Thanks

Someone else mentioned the save to web thing, I don't do that. I will however try your suggestion when I get home, I'm at work right now. I would like to find out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help
Old Jun 24, 2009, 1:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharrim View Post
Someone else mentioned the save to web thing, I don't do that. I will however try your suggestion when I get home, I'm at work right now. I would like to find out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help

I regularly post images in this forum that are found in my galleries at PBase.com All the images will show EXIF data. The procedure I use is this:

I right click on a photo in my gallery that I want to post here in this forum. I choose copy then paste the photo when I'm in this thread.

You can see the EXIF data if you mouse click on the photo.
Hope that helps.
Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 1:38 PM   #7

Default Hi Zig

I can't see the exif by clicking the mouse right or left click. I can however go to the site and get it. I don't have that data on my pictures at Pbase
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:18 PM   #8

Default you're right

Yes, clicking on the photo, takes you directly to the gallery in PBase where you can choose to view EXIF. data. It's an extra step, but it does allow anyone to review the EXIF data.

One question regarding the steps you take when working on your images in CS2. At any time, do you use a noise reduction plug-in i.e. NeatImage or Noiseware within CS2? I do know that older versions of Neat Image software stripped the EXIF data out when using their plug-in. That's since been corrected.
Also, if you're using Olympus Master, Iare you also shooting in RAW?

Try shooting in JPEG and see the EXIFdata gets shown.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:49 PM   #9

Default Don't use plug ins

I don't use plug ins, I've tried a couiple and to tell you the truth I think CS2 does a better job without them. Still trying things but so far no luck. If I have any I'll let you know what it was.