Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:15 AM   #11

Default Yes, indeed!

Glad to see someone posting some E-620 images. Looks like you didn't have too much of a break-in period with your new toy

Now for some baseball shots!

BTW, I finally downloaded Adobe Camera RAW 5.4 successfully and am going to give shooting some images in RAW a go of it. For no other reason than to see how much, if any, detail I can pull out of images.

Who knows, I may even go to a race track

zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:43 AM   #12

When I go to the game tomorrow night, I'm....ahem....gonna shoot SHQ JPEG and see what happens.

I'm finding the E620, at its default settings and using a Low noise filter setting produces excellent results. Once you get to ISO 1600 or so, I can apply the Noiseware Pro filter and completely eliminate noise and get a better looking result than shooting RAW and messing unending amounts of time with each file trying to get a better result. Even ISO 2500 looks very, very good after using the Noiseware Pro filter.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 6:29 AM   #13

Default I'm going back to JPEGS too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
When I go to the game tomorrow night, I'm....ahem....gonna shoot SHQ JPEG and see what happens.

I'm finding the E620, at its default settings and using a Low noise filter setting produces excellent results. Once you get to ISO 1600 or so, I can apply the Noiseware Pro filter and completely eliminate noise and get a better looking result than shooting RAW and messing unending amounts of time with each file trying to get a better result. Even ISO 2500 looks very, very good after using the Noiseware Pro filter.

Boy, you are so right!! After downloading Camera RAW 5.4 the other night, I set off yesterday morning to shoot some images of the Ospreys. I set the E-30 to RAW and fired away. Came home with 50 plus shots, downloaded them and THEN realized what I'd gotten myself into. Wow, after being used to PP JPEGS, working on RAW files is just way too time consuming. And to top it all off, I honestly don't think I gained any benefit, in terms of resolving more detail or IQ.

I'm looking forward to seeing your first baseball images done with the E-620.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Just a little update.

We will depart for another contract to teach digital cameras on 27 July. Unfortunately there is no way that an Olympus E-620 can be delivered to me before our departure.

So my coupling with the Olympus E-620 is going to have to wait until our return on 15 August 2009.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah...how would you compare the 620 vs the sony a230?? Now that you've had a chance with both..
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote