Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:06 AM   #1

Default EP-1 test review using OM legacy lenses

John Foster has just released a detailed report on the feasibility of using OM legacy lenses on Olympus' new EP-1 camera. As usual, this report is quite detailed with photos showing test results using UWA lenses starting at 8mm all the way to 600mm. All lenses are prime i.e. no zoom lenses were included.

http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/omz_ep1.html

So if you're contemplating getting an EP-1 and use it with an existing inventory of OM lenses, this is a must read.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2009, 9:21 PM   #2

I do love his collection of OM lenses. I would not mind having the 90mm f2 or the 180mm f2.8 to try on my DSLR's. I've owned a couple versions of the 180mm f2.8 manual focus Nikkors in the past, but sold my manual primes long ago and have no inkling to spend the money on one today.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 4:26 AM   #3

Default Buying OM prime lenses

Hi Greg,

As much as I enjoy reading John Foster's articles on the merits of using OM Zuiko lenses the days of my buying another manual focus lens are pretty much over. The cameras today, can do such a better job of focusing the lens than I can and faster!! I still own and will probably not sell a Zuiko 135mm 3.5 and a 50mm 1.8 but everytime I take one of them out and try to use it, the results just aren't as good as using a digital lens.
I know that there are a lot of people out there who really enjoy using legacy lenses, I'm just not in that group.

Zig
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:12 PM   #4

...............hey Zig, what were you doing up and about so early? Did you go fishing maybe? Today it got real HOT down here, AGAIN !!
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2009, 3:46 AM   #5

Default Hi Bob,

Nah, yesterday we went to the wedding of the son of a lifelong friend. It was an early ceremony and we needed to get on the road.

Now today, we're going out and trying our hand at catching some fish. Bringing the camera and hopefully we'll have something to post later.

Zig