Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 4, 2009, 7:02 AM   #1

Default Coming in for a landing

Took this series yesterday with th E-30 and 50-200mm/EC-14 combo.
Had some fun in Photoshop:

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:22 AM   #2

Very nice series! I went to your web page and looked at all of your images and it's obvious you are really starting to get the hang of shooting these with this outfit.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:55 PM   #3

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Very nice series! I went to your web page and looked at all of your images and it's obvious you are really starting to get the hang of shooting these with this outfit.
Hi Greg,

Thanks. Your comments are much appreciated. As much fun as you are having with the E-620, I'm having with this E-30. The E-30 is by no means perfect (I long for the E-3 viewfinder). It also lacks weathersealing and I'd love to have the backlit buttons of the E-620. That said, the controls, the AF system, frame rate make this one serious piece of equipment. Add the 50-200mm along with the EC-14telecon and you've got one VERY serious system.

The only thing missing from the Olympus lineup is a 400mm or 500mm prime for birding and wildlife. The Sigma is, by all accounts, a very good quality lens. But it's expensive and I'd rather spring for an Olympus product, if at all possible since it would be optimized for the Four Thirds system.

One thing that Olympus could do, to add value to their products is to make a firmware change to confirm AF when using a legacy lens. I'm not an electronics engineer so don't know what's involved but seems to me this could be done without crearting an another cottage industry of lens. adapter suppliers
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote