Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:44 PM   #1

Default The E-30 goes to Fenway Park

A good friend of ours was able to get 4tickets for yesterdays game at Fenway Park between the Sox and the Tigers. The occasion was my wife's birthday who is a rabid Sox fan. We got to see a good game with great pitching on both sides. Unfortunately, the Sox ended up on the short side.

The E-30 with 50-200mm lens and the 14-54mm lens was the equipment used.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:23 PM   #2

Great seats! This was the post I was waiting to see, although going with all the folks you did, I'll bet you didn't have much time to play with doing a lot of fun-type shooting around the park.

Was this the game with all the hit batters and good feelings?!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:47 PM   #3

Hi, Zig

The images are great but they seem to me to lack as much contrast as they could have. What do you have your E30 contrast set at?

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 6:27 PM   #4

Default Hi Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Great seats! This was the post I was waiting to see, although going with all the folks you did, I'll bet you didn't have much time to play with doing a lot of fun-type shooting around the park.

You got that right. We arrived late at the Park and had to get to our seats. I really wanted to roam around the inside of the stadium as it is really a photographer's wonderland. So, much character and sights you just don't see in a new park. As it was , my wife gave me a bit of the evil eye when she saw me bringing along the camera bag.

We did have great seats though. We were just above the dugout boxes which actually allowed a much better view of the infield. The Park was sold out again. So, we didn't have much area to roam around and get better spots. Besides, my wife would have nixed that anyway.

Was this the game with all the hit batters and good feelings?!
No, it was yesterday's day game with Bucholz pitching for the Sox and Vorlhander pitching for the Tigers. (I've probably misspelled their names) Vorlhander was unbeatable. His last inning was the eighth , where he pitched consistently between 98 and 100mph.
He came out after throwing 120 pitches.

Hi Ted,

I've purposely, posted images that have had little to no PP other than cropping. One image, I did reduce noise. But for the most part, they are straight out of the cam. I have sharpness set @ +1 and contrast set to 0.
I know what you mean about the lack of contrast. The skies were overcast, gray, no Sun and at times looked like they were going to open up and we'd get deluged. But, it never did rain.

I have a lot of other images that I've got to go through. I'll try and post some that may be interesting.

Zig
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post

Hi Ted,

I've purposely, posted images that have had little to no PP other than cropping. One image, I did reduce noise. But for the most part, they are straight out of the cam. I have sharpness set @ +1 and contrast set to 0.
I know what you mean about the lack of contrast. The skies were overcast, gray, no Sun and at times looked like they were going to open up and we'd get deluged. But, it never did rain.

I have a lot of other images that I've got to go through. I'll try and post some that may be interesting.

Zig
The reason I asked is because I find that all the Oly digicams I have had, do better with Contrast reduced to -1 and then I play with the images in PShop.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
No, it was yesterday's day game with Bucholz pitching for the Sox and Vorlhander pitching for the Tigers. (I've probably misspelled their names) Vorlhander was unbeatable. His last inning was the eighth , where he pitched consistently between 98 and 100mph.
He came out after throwing 120 pitches.

Zig
He pitched a couple of weeks ago when I saw the Rangers play the Tigers. Same thing. I think he averages around 125-130 pitches per game.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:02 PM   #7

A couple more