Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:19 PM   #1

Default ....it has been a while !!

...hi to all, It has been a while since I've done more than the occasional late night visit here, I hope to be more frequent again. Just to mention,
I have been quite busy with some family issues amongst which my only sister died two weeks ago and that has taken my thoughts for a bit.

However, I have managed pretty well to keep up and it seems that the 620, E-30 'filtered' photos are gaining some popularity and I like the architecture shots of DFW and the beachfront house, not so much the landscape scenes because of the over saturated color heaviness.

Zig, the Fenway shots are excellent .... how I wish I could have made some files to share with you from The Ball Park in Arlington when the Rangers got after the 'beaners' last week and sent them home .5 gm off the wildcard pace....hi, hi, hi, could not resist....... but your photos are top notch and you know I really like them, the one of 'Big Pappy Ortiz' is my favorite.

BTW Zig, CONGRATULATIONS for DPOTD, great capture and it gets my vote for 1st overall.

The 'Wild Kingdom' photos are terrific, I really do like them, especially the wildebeast, just outstanding topic and composition.

Seems Steve's has this new layout and at first I just did not like it but now........... hey, I do like it and even have decided on the standard color scheme as my favorite over the 'black' that I've used for several years.

A little insider here: Greg, I saw Krystal last week, she tells me she is reading a lot and making files........ she has been asking questions too.

ok, not to mention everyone but I did want to say 'hi'........ so 'hi'.

I am posting a 'brag' thread seperately for something I did a couple weeks ago.
____
boBB

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 18, 2009 at 7:31 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2009, 3:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgmCoder View Post

A little insider here: Greg, I saw Krystal last week, she tells me she is reading a lot and making files........ she has been asking questions too.

____
boBB
I hope I have not opened a pandora's box for you on that!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:09 PM   #3

Default Good to see you posting again

Hi Bob,

Was wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about the your loss.

Glad to see that your back and I do appreciate the kind words. As far as the POTD contest is concerned, I think Spedangie will take issue with your comment about mine being a winner. Her shot of the dunes is pretty inspiring.

As for the Red Sox vs Rangers. The Sox have significant holes in their starting pitching staff this year with a couple of key guys on the DL. This was certainly reinforced in the Rangers series.

I think this is the year the Rangers just may surprise everyone and be in the playoffs at the end.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:59 PM   #4

...well, the Dunes is quite a good photo and certainly deserves stout consideration as a winner, heck they all do, especially your '...cleanup hitter'.

I still think mine of the 'B-17' should have won Nov '08 but the judges have their own likings which most often are different to mine.... oh boy !!.

The one thing I don't like about the photo contest page here now is that I can not now find how to review the months entries, current month or any other... and that is as disappointing as now only having two(2) winners each month.

I keep waiting for something to happen about DPOTD archive viewing but so far I am lost finding that or reading how....... maybe I need to ask JimC about this.
____
boBB
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
I hope I have not opened a pandora's box for you on that!
......not at all !!!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgmCoder View Post
...well, the Dunes is quite a good photo and certainly deserves stout consideration as a winner, heck they all do, especially your '...cleanup hitter'.

I still think mine of the 'B-17' should have won Nov '08 but the judges have their own likings which most often are different to mine.... oh boy !!.

The one thing I don't like about the photo contest page here now is that I can not now find how to review the months entries, current month or any other... and that is as disappointing as now only having two(2) winners each month.

I keep waiting for something to happen about DPOTD archive viewing but so far I am lost finding that or reading how....... maybe I need to ask JimC about this.
____
boBB
I remember the B-17 you submitted. That WAS A great entry. As far as what the judges like, sometimes I like what is chosen and other times I don't.

I agree with you on the archiving of previous POTD photos. That is one area that I'm not happy with as I too miss not being able to look back.
I do hope that's a shorterm problem.
Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:15 PM   #7

Bob: Sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote