Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 17, 2009, 3:38 PM   #1

Default ...contesting some old files from the E-300

The Fort Worth, TX city library did a photo contest 'What I Love about Fort Worth'.

The categories were across 4 age groups from 5 years - adults, the photos were to be of / about Fort Worth and prizes awarded to each category; the selected photos framed, placed in the library and to be put on bookmarks & note cards to be used and given out by the library.....strictly FUN stuff.

I did submit 3 files per the rules. The files are from when I was working, I saw the scenes everyday out the office windows.

Though one of my files was not chosen 1st adult, the rendered-B&W was a top 10 finalist, of 130+ entries...........I'm happy about that.
____
boBB

New Day in Cowtown 04/19/2006 E-300 14-54 @ f/7.1 ISO 100 1/400sec

7th Street Bridge 04/21/2006 E-300 14-54 @ f/5.5 ISO 100 1/100sec

High Noon - Ft Worth 04/21/2006 E-300 14-54 @ f/5.5 ISO 100 1/100sec
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:16 PM   #2

Hi Bob,
Those are very well composed images. Well exposed and very sharp indeed. Actually, I'm surprised that the 1st one didn't do better.
It's my favorite of the three.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:35 PM   #3

.....hi Zig & thanks

I too like #1 (notice the , it is the only time I've done such a thing) and consider it the best photo I've ever made.

I've a 5 x 7 copy printed and framed here at the desk, it is my '.....how every day begins' and I have given 5 x 7 prints to friends.

As for the photograph, one morning I saw this, realized how beautiful interpretations could be of it and the next morning had the camera ready, it is my most favorite photo for a lot of reasons.

I have submitted it here at Steve's, to some other POTD forums and a few other contests, so far it hasn't made the judges as happy as it does me and that is just fine.

Tnx for your comments..... I am really glad to be able to again spend some PC time here.
____
boBB

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 18, 2009 at 7:41 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote