Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:37 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
tkurkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,625
Default

Thanks for that link. Although I'm still scratching my head about his ambiguous conclusions. But I do think that's a natural reaction to that cam, and maybe the u4-3 format in general.

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Sep 18, 2009 at 6:42 PM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:16 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Thanks for that link. Although I'm still scratching my head about his ambiguous conclusions. But I do think that's a natural reaction to that cam, and maybe the u4-3 format in general.

Ted
More telling than the reviews and comments that I've read, is the high number of EP-1 cameras for sale on Craig's List and other for sale sites that I've seen.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:10 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
More telling than the reviews and comments that I've read, is the high number of EP-1 cameras for sale on Craig's List and other for sale sites that I've seen.
Actually, that IS interesting.....

I've noticed in just the last few days, the number of micro 4/3 cameras on sale second hand in Tokyo.

I've seen around 4-5 of the G1, about 5-6 of the GH1, and probably 15 of the E-P1 !!!!!! That's surprising, given that the E-P1 has only been out for 3 months!! And those E-P1s are STILL expensive second hand!!
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:01 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
hiro1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 262
Default

It sounds like the E-P1 is selling very well in Japan according to some Japanese Olympus blog. That's why more second hand ones are available?? Or, some might want to replace it with the E-P2?


- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:36 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 477
Default

Japanese consumers are very demanding, and I suspect they are not completely happy with the E-P1.

On the up side, I picked up a second hand G1 for my daughter the other day (body only), for just 25,800yen ($285 USD)
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:59 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
hiro1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnas View Post
Japanese consumers are very demanding, and I suspect they are not completely happy with the E-P1.
Good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnas View Post
On the up side, I picked up a second hand G1 for my daughter the other day (body only), for just 25,800yen ($285 USD)
That's an excellent deal! I miss living there.

- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:32 PM.